Front Wheel hub removal

Fox

I've still got those patches...
Hey guys,

Was working on my '75 CL360 rims the other day and pulled out the rear wheel hub and the brake pads literally disintegrated when I did. Figured it was probably time for a brake change, so I got replacement kits, but I can't seem to get my front hub to come apart to get at the pads.

I've tried prying it loose and also knocking the center bearing out, but neither has worked. Anyone got a guide, or tips they could send my way? Any help is appreciated, feel free to ask questions of need be.

Thanks in advance.

I don't follow. CL360 drum brake yes? Remove wheel from bike. remove brake plate. remove shoes. Replace. The only wrenching involved should be removing the wheel. If the shoes are grabbing the drum, try to grab the operating levers to get the shoes into a neutral position. They have a return spring on the operating arm (external) that tends to cause them to go over center. Pull on the lever the same way the brake cable does, should get things free.

teazer said:
I don't follow. CL360 drum brake yes? Remove wheel from bike. remove brake plate. remove shoes. Replace. The only wrenching involved should be removing the wheel. If the shoes are grabbing the drum, try to grab the operating levers to get the shoes into a neutral position. They have a return spring on the operating arm (external) that tends to cause them to go over center. Pull on the lever the same way the brake cable does, should get things free.

I know! That's exactly how it was on my rear wheel. It should be just as simple, but for some reason I'm having problems. I'm gonna give the operating levers bit a shot, and I'll post how it goes. Thanks for the tip.

360 axle is bolted together. 22mm box end for nut on left side, scredriver and vice for 'plain' end, unscrew nut, lift off plate.

Back
Top Bottom