DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! We Are Starting The Engine Build New Photos!

First off, I have to say, I am not an engineer. I don't pretend to be one, I don't play one on TV, I'm not even blood related to one.
These are not design plans. These are not to scale. These are simply an idea "put to paper". Ok? Ok ;)

Here's about what I was talking about.
This would be the mount and plate Extended...
hidawayplate_zps17f335b1.jpg

This would be stowed...
(shown for reference. The plate/mount assembly would be hidden under the seatpan)
hidawayplate2_zpsf64559af.jpg

And this would be a very rough sketch of the assembly...
hidawayplate3_zpse7a0821f.jpg

The mount would slide out of the assembly so that the plate would be visible while riding, and stow invisibly under the seat while parked.
The hinge slot would have to be cut so as the plate would only rotate down to a certain angle, or a stop would have to be fabricated. A spring could be installed, and using the hinge pin as a fulcrum would keep tension on the plate bracket to keep it in the angled position. When retracted under the seat, a slight "kick up" on the plate bracket would hold the plate horizontal and off the tire.
I'm not sure what you could use for stops. Maybe cut a slot in the fixed portion of the assembly, and thread a bolt into the sliding portion of the assembly.
To extend from the stowed position, you would reach under the seatpan, grab the plate and pull out. Once out, the hinge/spring would lower the plate to the desired position for riding.
To stow from the extended position, you would lift the plate horizontal and push the sliding assembly forward. Concealing the plate under the seatpan.

I would make it a switch so the bike will not run unless the tag is out

I was going to say, add a linear actuator to it so it extends and retracts automatically when the bike is running/off. But I didn't want to get too High Tech with my CAD (crayola aided design) drawing. :p

you could mayebe use the switch and motor from a retractable antenna off a car, they were linked to ignitions and extended and retracted the antennas? That would be pretty cool.

I love the design Redbird!!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Head Light And Mount!

This is what I love about being a member here, you all have so many creative ideas! I would love to build a bike where we all design and vote on what we would like, it could be the official Dotheton bike that was designed and built by all of the members here! I am not sure if we will have room under the tail of this motorcycle for that tag mount design however I will check and talk to Brother bluesmokey about it!

We decided that a bottom mount headlight would keep the front end of the bike really clean so I built a mount that bolts to the lower triple tree and mounted a head light I had here at the shop to see what it would look like!

Cool bike, i really like the frame and the headlight mount looks good too 8)

That looks great Joey. Make sure it is rubber mounted somewhere so you dont eat bulbs from the vibrations lol.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

This site has some of the most creative ideas...I just love it. The plate mount is an awesome idea!!! I wish I had that on my daily rider haha.

@Joe I would love to see a crowd sourced/voted bike build. Let's do it!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Lightweight Racing Crankshaft!

Thank You all for the compliments Brothers, as always they mean more to me than you will ever know! Brother Casi85 I would love to build a Dotheton bike that was designed by all of the members here so we are going to have to start that build very soon!

The factory crankshaft that was in this engine needed rebuilding however instead of rebuilding it Brother bluesmokey ordered this awesome Vito's racing crankshaft! This is a stock stroke crankshaft however it is 1 1/2 pounds lighter than a factory crankshaft and it has a keyed center shaft!

How come it's been well over a year on this build? Was there a delay?
Any idea on when it will be done?

Oh I see now its been mocked up it's in final assembly now...my bad.

A chore to read it all in one sitting....but well worth it!!! Sweet build.

Joe would you pm me a ball park of what that crank set you guys back if i can swing it i want one

I just sent you some information about the crankshaft Brother bradj

Hi Joey,

Great, interesting build! I am about to start on my RD, it won't be as far out as yours though. Would you mind also sending me the price for this crank.

Brian

There listed as $399.95 on the Vito Performance site. I spoke with them yesterday, nice folks.
Cheers, 50gary

Joe, just curious as to what you thought about the crank as far as quality. When you get it spinner ng over I'd like to hear some feedback on that too. Doesn't Vito's do banshee stuff?

50gary said:
There listed as $399.95 on the Vito Performance site. I spoke with them yesterday, nice folks.
Cheers, 50gary

Finally the "secret" is revealed. What's with all the cloak and dagger stuff over a crankshaft, of course we all wanted to know what it cost! And that price sounds very reasonable for what looks like a great piece of kit :)

These guys don't live too far from moi. No secret, they have a nice web site public knowledge. I agree, for the quality it's a good price IMO.
Cheers, 50gary

Yea clem there huge in the banshee world and all the vito stuff ive ever bought has been top notch im just shocked there making air kooled stuff :)

Back
Top Bottom