DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Powder Coated Rims With Stainless Spokes!

Thank You for the compliments Brothers and I am very happy that you all enjoy the before and after photos! Brother CarbsAndCylinders we are using the factory rims with new spokes.

I assembled the rear rim with a set of Buchanan stainless steel spokes this afternoon so I took a few photos to share with you all!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! Powder Coated Rims With Stainless Spokes!

This is the best time of the build man! She's going to start getting "real Purdy" now! lol

Nice work!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photos Of Handlebar Controls, Brake Plate, Etc.!

I agree Brother bluesmokey, making everything pretty and starting some of the final assembly is always one of my favorite parts of a build!

I started cleaning some of the hardware today and assembling some more of the parts that we just had powder coated including the handlebar controls!

I had planned on sharing a photo of the new billet top triple tree that Brother bluesmokey ordered with this photo of the factory lower triple tree that we had powder coated however the holes for the fork tubes are the incorrect size so I will post a new photo of it when we get a replacement for the one that is here.

We have a lot of new parts here for the bike including these new brake shoes so I cleaned all the hardware, the shaft, and the brake lever and installed them all on the brake plate.

We also had the rear brake plate bracket and the chain adjusters powder coated so I thought you all may enjoy a photo of them as well!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! NHK Precision Racing Steering Damper!

Brother bluesmokey ordered a very nice fast from the past 34mm fork tube clamp mount and a beautiful NHK Precision racing steering damper so I worked on mounting them to the frame today! The fork clamp has a perfect fit for the RD350 fork tube and I was able to drill a hole in the new steel plate that I had already added to the frame so that we could bolt the rear clamps mounting stud to the frame.

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! NHK Precision Racing Steering Damper!

Love me some powder! the color scheme for all the metal parts is a great detail... nice work Joe and Bluesmokey!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photo Of Cylinder Head, Cylinder, & Wiseco Piston!

It is always nice to hear that you are still enjoying this build Brother casi85!

We had the cylinders for the RD350 engine bored to 65mm to fit the new Wiseco forged racing pistons and I started sanding and filing the edges of the cooling fins on the cylinder head and the cylinder for the left side of the engine! I should be able to add a new photo of the cylinder head and the cylinder for the right side of the engine tomorrow!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Photo Of Cylinder Head, Cylinder, & Wiseco Piston!

Lookin Good ;)

Just an observation... I mounted my steering damper similarly, but on the left. That way, if necessary, I could adjust "on the fly" without having to let go of the throttle ;)

Redbird, we decided to mount the stabilizer on the right b/c we are mounting an identical clamp to the left side and incorporating a small mirror. I'm also lazy and I expect the stabilizer to be essentially "set it and forget it"!!! LOL

Thanks for following the build and for the input. I am happy to finally see it all start coming together!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 Build! New Engine Photos!

I am still working on the edges of the cooling fins and the stator cover however I thought it would be nice to set the cylinder heads, the cylinders, and the engines side covers that we had powder coated on the engine with the new stainless steel engine bolt set that Brother bluesmokey sent! The final assembly of the engine will be done in the frame however I thought you all would enjoy some photos of the parts on the engine!

Brother Joe, that's impressive.
Cheers, 50gary

A Yamaha two-stroke twin is always a thing of beauty!

This one especially so.

Crazy

Looks wicked, love the cylinders and heads.

WOW!!!!!!!!
You keep raising the bar Brother!
Outstanding.

I have a engine I would like you to build for me can you build any engine? You do amazing work

Those cylinders and those heads look factory fresh. That is some killer work man.

clem said:
Those cylinders and those heads look factory fresh. That is some killer work man.

+1

Back
Top Bottom