My ugly BMW k100

I just picked up a k100 as well! I have no idea what to do with it as yet though... Just wondering where you got the injectors from, I cleaned out the tank cause it hasnt been running in a long time, but it still runs like shit and blows a heap of smoke. Injectors might be the next step

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rbass87 said:
I just picked up a k100 as well! I have no idea what to do with it as yet though... Just wondering where you got the injectors from, I cleaned out the tank cause it hasnt been running in a long time, but it still runs like shit and blows a heap of smoke. Injectors might be the next step

Injectors were from ebay, i can try looking in my history to see what buyer but it was some time ago. The smoke could go away the more you ride it, i know mine started running sweet after a few days on the road. Make sure to check your tires!

Finnigan said:
Injectors were from ebay, i can try looking in my history to see what buyer but it was some time ago. The smoke could go away the more you ride it, i know mine started running sweet after a few days on the road. Make sure to check your tires!

I had a bit of a look and found a loose earth, the thing is running sweet as now! All I need to do is whack a new battery in it and then happy days. Haha yeah the tyres are hammered so ill need new ones there. The smoke has settled down a fair bit, I still have ridden it yet, so surely itll get better again

Kays blow more smoke than a James Bond movie car IF left on ther side stand ....... just saying. ;)

Haha well I thought the smoke had cleared up, but I just rode mine round the block a few times and it came back smoky as! And the clutch slips...

Hey just wanting to get some more info on your fork swap. Did you use the same bearings and everything? pretty much bolted it straight on? Any info would be great

I THINK I used different bearings, the stem fits well for length, the forks hit on the tank at extreme turning angles.

Any idea if you can remember what gsxr the fork were from. Been researching and seems only the 1100 will do because of length but did you use other ones. Cheers

Just starting a 87 K100 build myself and love what you have done! I'll add my follow up questions too lol I saw the K1100 rear wheel swap. Was that a straight swap over of did you have to swap the whole final drive?

I love the GSXR forks. From my research it seems that the '94 Gixxer forks were the longest and the closest match to the BMW original length. You said that you got bearings from AllBalls and that there was a supplied spacer? So am I right in reading that the Gixxer triple tree was longer than the head of the K100? and you just filled in the gap with a spacer between the bottom bracket and the head piece?

Last question... for now... the super trapp exhaust looks great too. Did you custom make a 4-1 piece to fit the trap or was there one a available for the diamond pattern of the k100 4 pipe exhaust?

Love the look of it and great to see another K100 here.

Thanks for the kind words! Would like to see a pic of your project if you can post one.

The wheel swap was interesting, from what I remember I had to cut the wheel bolts to the correct length but otherwise its a bolt on. Keep in mind its a wider wheel with a wider tire and clearances are close, plus you will have a little off center (see previous pages)

The forks with new bearings was easy enough, I think I remember the spacer coming from the BMW. Might want to take off the stock forks to see whats available to you.

The 4 into 1 header was actually an aftermarket part from a company that made them for the K's back in the day. Can't recall the company name but if you search for 4 into 1 header for the k100 I'm sure you can find out more, then the SuperTrap was clamped on.

Good Luck!

marutza_01 said:
What year and model exactly of gsxr?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This is my 83 k100 and I really don't like the original fork
9629c6116a76af0eedabae132fba80a0.jpg
762e63dd36c7858fc8dbf4e4dc8f261c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom