Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

Not much happening right now, been tearing out the chinese regulator that was junk from the box, need to make new mounts for the new one. Finishing up the side covers for plating. Slowly..

Been tinkering way more with the triumph chop, trying to get it running 100% is trickier than i thought..

Got the reg installed and made some baffles for the pipes last night. Not gonna up the jetting anymore now, gonna have to strangle the thing instead..

Now its basically only finishing and plating the sidecovers, adjusting the gears and then its ready for abuse!

Fuck plating, i'll go with gun blue this season so covers are finished!
Probably long delivery time this time of year anyways..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1461508505482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1461508505482.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 350
Took the clutch apart last night, only real issue i found is the pressure plate lifts unevenly, it kind of levels out at full pull, but it contacts the clutch outer drum at one spot.
This is bad since the clutch drum pushes the primary drive gear out and misaligns the drivechain..
Tried changing the springs around but no luck. Ordered a new set of springs as these are old, came in the box of parts. Hopefully with new springs it will be better, since pressure plates need to lift evenly to work correct. Hope this fixes the clutch issue..

Its not much left but small annoyances now, i know it will be worth it! Planning to take this up the Norwegian mountains this summer!

Took the clutch apart. Again. Found that i had put a wrong washer behind the clutch center, way too thick.
So it was rubbing against the clutch outer drum and not fully releasing.
Put the right one in place and bolted it back on with fresh springs and voila! Finally a perfect clutch! Then only to have the bike die in the parking lot, turns out the (brand new!) Regulator shit itself. Was crackling when i turned the power back on and the motogadget shut the circuit down.

Got another combo of regulator and rectifier working in my favor, also pulled the swingarm and fitted that big driveshaft boot.
Now ive got somewhat reliably 14v at the battery at all loads and rpms. Yay!

Btw its done now. For now at least. Someday i might stretch the forks, but it handles so good now, great flickability in this, so it will be a few years off. Last few summers have been more wrenching than riding and thats just not my style, so im gonna keep the projects for the winters, make them smaller and give them more time. Think its a lot more fun that way..

Good to hear man. Enjoy riding it! I'm enjoying my 850... though still dealing with suspension tuning :/

https://vimeo.com/166722554
Sounds hairy as hell!
Well i think your suspension mod is awesome, but of course it will take some riding to dial it in i guess.. my rear shocks are still rock hard buuut better than rigid so im happy

Spanxalot! Was out the other day and tried to record this glorious sound on my phone. Didnt really do it justice at any speed, though going through valleys and tunnels gives me goosebumps!
Also a lot of pedestrians cover their ears so asshole status well achieved.
Pity a brand new oil seal on the kick axle decided to kill itself leaving my pipes covered in oil..

https://youtu.be/K47pAdmh2TA

My sisters kids dig it! 260 km trip today, it ran like a gem. Gotta fix that reserve though, anyone knows why reserve doesnt work when you tear off the internal filter? (Didnt mean to, was an accident!)

Found out that this thing runs a good deal better on hi octane gas.. that would mean my ignition is a few degrees too advanced for regular gas? Right?

Back
Top Bottom