'77 dt 250

'77 dt 250

wership said:
what are these mirrors?

They are just real cheap blind spot mirrors for cars... Ended up zip-tying them and then decided they didn't look right haha, so I've ordered some bar end mirrors and will probably customise them to sit in the same spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'77 dt 250

VonYinzer said:
Neat idea w the mirrors, but they're going to be near useless in the real world.

They are convexed wide angle mirrors so i see a little bit of my torso... The amount I can see is actually amazing
Whenever i ride i always check over my shoulders, never use mirrors haha, basically only there for legality purposes

'77 dt 250

Heres a quick picture of how the exhaust sits now
Before you all try and tell me its going to hit on the swing arm I measured and measured and measured plenty of clearance!!
etudagym.jpg

'77 dt 250

Exhaust wrap, front brake switch, front brake cable ordered
Getting close to roadworthy now!
Pitty I dont get my license until march :(

'77 dt 250

Cut the rear end in preparation for a tail hoop will hopefully be taking it to a local shop tomorrow for that to get done
yharu4y5.jpg
avyhety5.jpg

'77 dt 250

Got my bar end mirrors so I set about mounting them as 'under bar' mirrors
Still need adjusting but yeah, they are mirrors and are only there so i can pass road worthy and not get defected everytime i leave the garage

zebu5eqy.jpg
rana9uty.jpg
7y3yneje.jpg
ata8are6.jpg

'77 dt 250

Well I've had a while off this but im diving head first into it now to get it finished get my green p's in a but over a month so I need this finished so i can get my bike license!

No one around here could bend pipe to the dimensions I needed so I fabbed up a jig and gave it a go myself....
Its not perfect but I had to buy 3m of tube so ive got plenty more for a couple more goes
7uvysysy.jpg
esujypu8.jpg

Also got a handfull of LEDs and resistors in the mail for my idiot lights, so I'll sort a mount or dash or something out for them as well, thinking about just mounting them in the top of the headlight bucket?

is that electical conduit? if so, are you worried about it bending if weight is put on it?
are you using bungs?

]
wership said:
is that electical conduit? if so, are you worried about it bending if weight is put on it?
are you using bungs?

it is steel tube, 19x5mm I think.... sure took a lot of weight to bend and I can't bend it much at all without extreme force.
Plan is to use bungs and weld it into place yeah

If you bent it cold around plywood ::) it not gonna be up to the task of part of a motorcycle frame. pm sonic he can bend you a hoop

bradj said:
If you bent it cold around plywood ::) it not gonna be up to the task of part of a motorcycle frame. pm sonic he can bend you a hoop

The tube was filled with sand and then heated until it would form around the mold.
I would of had no chance of getting it to bend like that without heat haha

'77 dt 250

Well, I've still been working on this just been slack with the updates

Got the rear hoop welded on, Sorted all the electrics under the seat out, made some idiot lights out of LED bulbs to be mounted in the top of my headlight (high beam, neutral and blinkers) and Started crafting my seat
For the seat material i went with a brown vinyl with a rippley effect through it, it was free and it seems like it will do the job so im happy

hu4a5ehy.jpg

zuru8aga.jpg

5ebujagu.jpg

9eqerety.jpg

y9uvesu8.jpg

de8uhyde.jpg

'77 dt 250

Well, I neglected this thread but sure didnt neglect the bike!
Did a fair bit over the past couple months and shes all but finished now :D
She is all registered and road worthy now and I have been riding it every moment I get!

9abaraju.jpg

ura8abu4.jpg

8e4ape2y.jpg

looks like a lot of fun!

hows the uni filter? experienced any problems getting away from the air box?

how long do you last on the seat?

wership said:
looks like a lot of fun!

hows the uni filter? experienced any problems getting away from the air box?

how long do you last on the seat?

I re-jetted the carby to run the airfilter, haven't had any problems with it after re-jetting

the seat isn't as uncomfortable as I thought it would be, longest ride so far was just under an hour and I could've gone longer, The bike gets a bit bouncy and rough around the 100km/h mark so I need to address those knobbys and get some friendlier tread for the street asap

Back
Top Bottom