Yamaha RD / XS650 Rear Wheel ..... SOLD !!!!

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
I have a project wheel (18") for sale. Will bold directly onto a RD or XS650, or can be adapted to a lot of bikes. It's yours for $25.00. Comes with rotor, sprocket and axel.

ian.mccallum@rogers.com 905 449-2178

299225151_7eb0ca331c.jpg

Re: Yamaha RD / XS650 Rear Wheel

If there was a matching front, my brain would be all over figuring out rear disk brakes for my project... hmm....

Tintin said:
If there was a matching front, my brain would be all over figuring out rear disk brakes for my project... hmm....

Only have the rear ....it was going to go on my XS before I went the spoke route !!

I was just having a vision of two of those wheels powdercoated in glossy black on my black/polished alloy 650 :) I like spokes too though, but vintage cast rims would be a nice touch too.

Tintin said:
I was just having a vision of two of those wheels powdercoated in glossy black on my black/polished alloy 650 :) I like spokes too though, but vintage cast rims would be a nice touch too.
If you would like a 19" front alloy, i have one you can have, for free. call Doug at 416 292 1832

Tripler said:
Tintin said:
If you would like a 19" front alloy, i have one you can have, for free. call Doug at 416 292 1832
What style is it? Powder coated gunmetal or gold would look amazing on that one, just need a custom axle and some spacers to get it onto a Honda?

Tripler said:
Tintin said:

Doug - you're on! Hold onto it for me - will call friday (tomorrow)

Tintin said:
Tripler said:
Tintin said:

It's yours, call when you can, evenings are best, Doug

Tintin said:
Tripler said:
Tintin said:

Still want the wheel ? It does take 2 discs, of which i have 1 also. xs1100 are the same size as xs650. xs750/850 are smaller. I also have a full front end from a 78 xs1100 with 37m fork tubes that may bolt up to the 650. the 650 has 35mm tubes. Call me and let me know one way or the other if you are still interested, Doug

Doug - good talking to you - will see you next week. I'm interested in the front-end as well - maybe I can make it work and would likely be better than the stock 650 front end!

Tintin said:
Doug - good talking to you - will see you next week. I'm interested in the front-end as well - maybe I can make it work and would likely be better than the stock 650 front end!
I await your call

Ian - I'll take that rear wheel off your hands!

I've got a pair of XS 650 forks 34MM set up for dual discs if anyone is interested. Was going to put them on my 350, but could not justify the weight gain ( the bike, not me) for the additional stopping power.
Offers........?

Eternal thanks and your name etched on the fork tubes for posterity? I need the extra stopping power to mitigate a certain weight gain ;) Let me know what you'd want for the setup. Feel free to email me taysan@hotmail.com

Tintin said:
Eternal thanks and your name etched on the fork tubes for posterity? I need the extra stopping power to mitigate a certain weight gain ;) Let me know what you'd want for the setup. Feel free to email me taysan@hotmail.com

Tim.... just remember ... check the size of your triple clamps .....74 and onwards had 35mm forks. Unless Graham has clamps as well ... ;)

Bike is a '72 :D Would an xs1100 front end with triple trees bolt onto the 650 frame?

Oops, they are 35's....my bad :-[
I've got an RD 400 front end on my Honda.

Still might be able to use them - the 650 I'm buying has another front end which might be a later model and 35mm.

Tintin said:
Bike is a '72 :D Would an xs1100 front end with triple trees bolt onto the 650 frame?

I beleive that the XS11 forks are 37mm. The front end should bolt on, you may need to change the steering stem .. or just measure it to be sure it is the same length.

Back
Top Bottom