The Workshop & Deck

Re: Workshop, and another job done!

Ahaha yeah the wife has her good moments ;D ok so heres some pic's of me finally being organised enough to do some actual work on actual projects :D

Attachments

• 007 (1280x851).jpg
    007 (1280x851).jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 010 (1280x851).jpg
    010 (1280x851).jpg
    600 KB · Views: 243
  • 012 (1280x851).jpg
    012 (1280x851).jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 234

Ok all I have these two pictures with caption bubbles for my workshop, now I didn't like the original text so I've blanked them out and would love inventive (orginal) suggestions. Let's see what you can do Andy....

Attachments

• 001 (1280x851).jpg
    001 (1280x851).jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 237

Today at the job I was on I notice a couple of air regulators for spray painting , after speaking to the maintenance manager found that they no longer used them ? So after a bit of a Chat about them, my work shop and the spray booth i'm going to build in it (2.4meters x 1.9meters)(7.9f x 6.2f), I ended up with the both of them and a heap of connectors "yay me"

http://www.smitsgroup.co.nz/p1086v0/Cormack/Cormack-LFR_101-Filter-Regulator

Attachments

• 17102012262.jpg
    17102012262.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 235

Maybe something like this?

Attachments

• Untitled (1280x852).jpg
    Untitled (1280x852).jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 215

Excellent job. Looks to have alot of floor space. Now that you are done, is there anything that you would have done different?

interceptor said:
Excellent job. Looks to have alot of floor space. Now that you are done, is there anything that you would have done different?

Thanks :) its still a work in progress so change is inevitable, like building a spray booth in the corner instead of shelves . I did have a great deal of time to plan this, 17 separate lights 20 power points pneumatic hose built in and all the bench space, now that i'm using it it feels great, love my sound system and looking forward to putting up the tv. This week I should be picking up a lift table so bacj to working on the cafe I will be :)

andycafe said:
Ahaha yeah the wife has her good moments ;D ok so heres some pic's of me finally being organised enough to do some actual work on actual projects :D

Super nice 'Man Cave'

Ok so it's time to move on to stage 2 of this little project ;) the deck. Today I marked out for the joists so that I check my numbers :eek: ,there needs to be 65 5mtr joists for sure and I still need to work out posts and stirrups ??? any how heres a couple of pic's of (as my wife puts it) the snail race track ;)

Attachments

• 20121027_0014_PHOTO.jpg
    20121027_0014_PHOTO.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 786
  • 20121027_0013_PHOTO.jpg
    20121027_0013_PHOTO.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 770
Re: Workshop, stage two underway =)

Great... just great... now I gotta keep watchin this "non-motorcyle" thread to see how it turns out.
;D

Andy, this is awesome... I'm exceedingly jealous of your space!

I'll soon be embarking on a shed build of my own which will be limited to 4.5m x 1.4m... I'll lose about 1m of length to store the mower/whipper snipper/etc. but the rest will be project storage doubling as a spray and blasting booth.

I'm going to try to be fancy and make the side able to fold out so I gain an extra 1m of width to get some room when spraying.

My one crucial question for you... how sound proof have you been able to make the compressor compartment without inhibiting air flow? I'm intending to insulate all walls and the roof for noise and I'm hoping I can get the compressor noise down by having it in as sound proof an enclosure I can make and sitting it on some foam rubber or something as well. Most of my working time on projects is at night, and unfortunately the shed will be on the side of the house near the bedroom and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it quiet enough to use at night without disturbing my wife or neighbours...

Hoosier Daddy said:
Great... just great... now I gotta keep watchin this "non-motorcyle" thread to see how it turns out.
;D

Ahaha your welcome ;)

peteGS said:
Andy, this is awesome... I'm exceedingly jealous of your space!

I'll soon be embarking on a shed build of my own which will be limited to 4.5m x 1.4m... I'll lose about 1m of length to store the mower/whipper snipper/etc. but the rest will be project storage doubling as a spray and blasting booth.

I'm going to try to be fancy and make the side able to fold out so I gain an extra 1m of width to get some room when spraying.

My one crucial question for you... how sound proof have you been able to make the compressor compartment without inhibiting air flow? I'm intending to insulate all walls and the roof for noise and I'm hoping I can get the compressor noise down by having it in as sound proof an enclosure I can make and sitting it on some foam rubber or something as well. Most of my working time on projects is at night, and unfortunately the shed will be on the side of the house near the bedroom and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it quiet enough to use at night without disturbing my wife or neighbours...

Ok, so insulating the whole of your shop is also good, in reguards to the compressor, my enclosure is 3 sided and goes from floor roof, it also has exposed insulation retained by mesh on all the walls. It's important to remember your not trying to confine the noise (making a small enclosure) but reduse it :eek: this is why my enclosure its floor to roof and so does the insulation. I have a large hole in the access door to allow plenty of airflow and with these measures it's no much louder that an old fridge compressorv :D pretty good me thinks. cheers Andy

Attachments

• 20121028_0019_PHOTO.jpg
    20121028_0019_PHOTO.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 713
  • 20121028_0018_PHOTO.jpg
    20121028_0018_PHOTO.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 722

Cheers Andy, that's good to know! I'd love to be able to do blasting at night if not painting, so if I can get it to the level of a fridge motor I'll be laughin'.

Did you use anything special for insulation or just noise batts or whatever?

I'm still thinking of sitting it on foam rubber or something to stop that annoying vibrating on concrete sound as well. Mind you I'm quite a way away from getting to it yet...

I guess this means I've got a busy weekend ahead of me since this lot got dropped off this morning :eek:

Attachments

• DSC_0001 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_0001 (800x532).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_0002 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_0002 (800x532).jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC_0004 (800x532).jpg
    DSC_0004 (800x532).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 280

deepwaterimports said:
that's a lot of wood mate. good luck :)

Cheers man :D It's ok I have 1 of my wifes workmates coming over to help. 22/ blonde/ 6ft/ 60kg :eek: ??? :eek: ??? she offered :eek: ??? :eek: ???

Back
Top Bottom