Are these jackets any good? Picture updates with patches!

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I found an "Excelled" Brand (made in USA leather jacket that is supposedly from the 60's. It is in good condition, but I don't know anything about this brand. Does anyone have any comments. Thanks

Re: Are these jackets any good? I hope So........(picture)

Well I dont know if they are any good or not, but I just won the auction on Ebay. i got it for $56. It appears to be in great shape. The liner is in good shape too. All the zippers work. I'm excited!
jacket.jpg

Re: Are these jackets any good?

In my searching for the perfect motorcycle jacket, I've seen several Excelled jackets...and they were OK quality...not Schotts or Vansons, but well made, and with either Scovill or some other US brand of zipper that appeared to be pretty durable

If the jacket fits, for $56, you did well...

Fairly common, not too collectable. Good for sewing on patches and spilling beer.

Yeah I'm not a collector, I'm was just looking for an old jacket I can wear, and ride my old bike.

Thanks for the post. Been looking for a moderately priced, decently made jacekt. Should set me on my way.

i've bought a few, worn a few, and sold a few. pretty good jacket.

Thanks for the replies. I just received my jacket in the mail today. It fits and looks great. It needs the dust cleaned off of it and some patches put on it. I will try to get some pics up.

Re: Are these jackets any good? Picture updates (with patches!)

Thanks for all the input guys. Here are a few pictures with my patches sewn on. My favorite is probably the Castrol shoulder patch that just got here from England. The only thing the jacket was missing was the main zipper pull, so I used the "record and detach" ignition key tab from my grandads 66' ford pickup (he bought it new back in the day) I might make a custom pull sometime, but I think it looks cool and functions for now I cant wait to go for a ride. Now I just need some gloves to boot. and boots too....no pun intended. ;D
DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg
DSC_0085.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg

That looks great. I agree with you on the Castrol patch. Looks like it's straight out of the 50's. Very cool.

Nice job on your serious fabrication work on the zipper pull! Haha, all kidding aside, that's pretty cool. I'd keep it. Makes it your own. Great jacket over all. I like it!

Nice! Pick yourself up a can of Pecard Antique Leather Dressing. It will moisturize the leather and bring back its flexibility. Nasty stuff to work with, but it definitely does the leather well!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

Thanks guys! Yeah I love the jacket. I wish i got to wear i It has been holding up well. I got caught in a nasty storm the other day, and my upper half stayed surprisingly dry. I just keep using that bicks conditioner cleaner every now and then. I really like that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom