Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Yet another Suzuki 650

Forks are done!! Unfortunately, I can't spend any more cash on this project until mu other GR is complete. My sis in law is getting married in July and wants the bridal party to ride motorcycles. And since I'm riding by myself, I need to ride in "style".

1295466100.jpg

I smile everytime i see this thing, so cool. Hope you can get back on it soon Rich
Kev

Tell you what I'll take it off yer hands for 50 bones, just to help with the GR...

No... Worth a try. :D

Ha! Thanks guys. 50 bucks, huh? Don't offer that to my wife- she probably would sell it!

Luckily there isn't much cash needed to finish this one. Just stuff like the seat, drive chain, and some small pieces. There's still plenty of work that needs done.

dude this thing is out of control all it needs is a gatling gun mounted on the front forks!!! I love it FTW!!

Wow....great fun Rich! You are one productive dude....

Thanks fellas. I'm trying to put my horde of Zook wheels to use, so I may put some more street worthy tires on. Keep the spiked knobbies, but some dual sport mags. We will see how that goes.....

I cut up an old fender to get the fork brace out of it and painted it black. Just finishing up the wiring around the bike- still need to sort the copper in the bucket though. Oh ya! I know I said I wasn't spending any more cash on this one, but a new member on here is selling a bunch of GR parts on the cheap. Spend 100 now instead of 200 later, ya know? I'll get some pics after getting the wiring done.....

Oops! Almost forgot- since the starter in the other GR is about 3 years old, I got a starter rebuild kit for this one. Working on this tonight:

610279739_photobucket_6952_.jpg

Got the starter rebuilt and installed, but need to get new wires from the battery, to the relay, and to the starter motor. But jumping the starter motor works just fine for testing.

I've decided to keep the slotted rotor that is mounted on the the spoked wheel for something else. The only other rotor I have is a solid GS450 one, and solid is just boring:

IMGP2807.jpg

Cobolt bits. Titanium doesn't cut hardly at all. I actually finished drilling that- I'll post the pic later tonight.

I know I said I wasn't spending any more cash on this. But I should be able to mount up the rear end soon and figured why mount the wheel just to take it off for the sprocket? The stock rear sprocket has 38 teeth, this one bumps it up to 45:

610279739_photobucket_15258_.jpg

Wow....45 tooth! Well, you won't go anywhere fast but you'll go...you know....anywhere you want!

Hahaha! C'mon Swagger, it's only 7 teeth. Can't be all that bad.......

Think of all the tread i'll save on the front tire- since it will barely ever see the ground!

Back
Top Bottom