Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Dirty GR progress- swinger came in!!!

Mate that swingarm's gonna be sweet! Don't ya hate when life gets in the way? Really sucks when that happens...

Ha! Thanks fellas. I've been slowly robbing parts off this bike so they all need replaced. But once it's rolling on it's own 2 wheels I can get the exhaust welded up and take it up to Alchemy so Jim can work his magic.

If it takes too long to get this running, I may look into getting some ice screws for those tires......

Still scratchin my head on the GS500 dirty bike.It's already a little tall for me.You know after I upgrade to dirt bike suspension and the 18/21 wheel combo,it's gonna be tall.

Well Ben, you know a lot more about the GS500's than me. But can you alter the seating area to a lower level? Thinner padding, narrow the sub frame a little, etc?

Hmmm GS500 dirty bike? You got me interested...

Ben, without hijacking Rich's thread too much, do you have linkage? Haven't worked the in's and out's of DTT yet...

peteGS said:
Hmmm GS500 dirty bike? You got me interested...

Ben, without hijacking Rich's thread too much, do you have linkage? Haven't worked the in's and out's of DTT yet...

If you're asking about the rear suspension,then yes.It's the link style with the rocker arm connecting everything.

Not a problem Pete.

But Ben, I think he means a link to your bike.

Haha yeah link to the thread is what I'm lookin' for :)

Tried a search on dirty GS500 but no go, will keep a lookin'!

Ohhh duhhh.I'm dense today.I don't have a link to it.I haven't started on it yet.Just getting ideas.

Hahaha all good, explains why there's no build thread ;)

peteGS said:
Hahaha all good, explains why there's no build thread ;)

;D

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program. LMAO!

So how are things looking over your way Rich?

Good, good. I started putting some of the small stuff back together for this. Starter motor, throttle tube, bar end weight, rear brake rod, blah blah blah. I lost a couple of small important parts for the swinger and can't find them on ebay so had to order them from bikebandit. Once those come in, I can button up the rear end.

Swagger is making me some carb mounts and I'm getting some vm32's as well. Unfortunately, the mounts are for the original CV carbs.......but I'll figure out all those details as it comes together.

Why not ditch the bar ends for some bark busters with hand guards?Just an idear I'm trying to plant in ya and watch it grow or wither away. lol

I'm right there with buddy- the weights are mounted right now just plug the holes UNTIL I get the hand guards.......

Great minds, huh?

Rich that bike is insane - it's the DR Twin that Suzuki never made.

Thank you sir- means a lot coming from you.

Ya know, it's funny. When people see the "cafe'd" GR650 they usually say it looks fast or it looks like a lot of fun to ride. When people see this one they say "I want to ride that!"

Progress is good Rich! :D

Suggestion for OEM parts... try Boulevard Suzuki in Florida. Not sure if shipping will kill any cost benefits, but man their prices are cheap!

Have you got a set of hand guards in mind?

I'm considering these for the scrambler:

https://www.slipstreamperformance.com.au/store/product_info.php?cPath=520&products_id=11399

They're all over the shop on eBay as well and they have the down swept reinforcing bars on them which I'm led to believe gives a bit more clearance for road bike controls. I have yet to check that out for myself as they're down the priority list at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom