eric2281's progress thread- '80 cb750k

I'm very glad I upgraded to the Nissin master cylinder. I didn't realize how bad the oem one was until I used this. The braided brake line I ordered is about 3" too long so at sone point, I'd like to correct that too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 295
Aftermarket parts list~

Dime City-

Speedo & Tach
Front & rear turn signals
Headlight, trim ring, and headlight bucket
Master Cylinder
Braided brake line
Headlight ears

Benjie's Cafe Racers-

BCR fiberglass 2-up cafe seat

eBay-

Bar end mirrors

Cb750partsdepot.com-

Misc oem parts

Craigslist-

Mac 4-1 exhaust

I don't recall where I picked up the euro bars and grips.

So, I began looking into batteries and found a few I'm interested in; RevAMP and Antigravity. Antigravity recommends the 12cell model for the cb750 but is anyone using the 8cell model with good results?

So recently, I got around to relocating the electronics that were under the seat and went with the 8-cell antigravity battery from DCC. It's mounted under the bump. She's running rough at 50% to full throttle but that's for another thread. (I think I over-shimmed the main jet needle). I was hoping to avoid rearsets and clip ons for 2-up riding comfort but I think it sits too uneven as is. Any suggestions? Anyone sell rear shocks longer than 14" eye to clevis that don't cost a fortune? Clevis extensions perhaps? Should I buy clip ons, lower the forks and mount them above the triple tree?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
I ended up going with clip ons. Best decision ever! Lowered the forks and mounted above the triple clamp. The new riding position feels even better than the old.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 302
great looking bike !! but you can't lower the front that much without all kinds of serious safety and handling issues
just a heads up for your safety !

Back
Top Bottom