New look for the RD400

darkhorse

Crashed a dirtbike on the street and messed up my knee, so I had a few months to overhaul the RD. Found a really nice 78 tank with no rust and Chuck from Florida did some amazing machining for me. Still waiting on a spacer to mount up a modern front brake, but for the most part it's done now. I'll try to update my build thread with some more detailed pics of the motor work and all the little things that I have done to it.

I put about 300 miles a week on this bike so I figured I should take some nice shots of it while it's all cleaned up.

rd400July1307 by robotsully, on Flickr

rd400July1306 by robotsully, on Flickr

rd400July1305 by robotsully, on Flickr

rd400July1304 by robotsully, on Flickr

rd400July1302 by robotsully, on Flickr

rd400July1303 by robotsully, on Flickr

Bet it'll look as good dirty as it does clean. Thanks for sharing, that's great.

Thats a sweet looking bike! , glad to see its in regular use too, wish I could pick up an RD for reasonable money!

You did a good job on it, not sure if it is the fresh black paint, but this RD almost looks modern

Thanks for all the kind words. I've had this bike for some time and put a lot of sweat, love and tears into it and I couldn't be happier with her.

Got the itch to tinker some more, so she is back on the stand and I should have some updated photos in two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom