My CX 500

Yup I did all the welding. And no paint (other than the stripes) just paint stripper and clear coat over the rust and steel. Looks pretty great IMO.

I want to like it and it's almost there but there are things starring at me which I am having difficulty with.

Maybe it's the pictures but it seems like the tank is sloped to the seat, the seat looks then sloped to the tank, the rear hoop section looks wavy, you have that nice tail piece yet the licence plate holder is on top of it with the brake light? I think the exhaust design needs rethinking as exhaust is expelling on your feet and pant legs and is too short likely costing you power, the numbers on each side are not placed well or even, not sure what to think about the sweat pants made seat cover and the drag bars don't seem to fit the rest of the bike.

That being said I like the overall vision, with those items fixed it would be a nice bike.

HollywoodMX said:
I want to like it and it's almost there but there are things starring at me which I am having difficulty with.

*stuff that needed to be said*

I think is some respects he is married to the overall design. A set of bars, ditch the pillowcase seat and mabe bust out a grinder and drop the tail. This bike would last a while.

cosworth said:
I think is some respects he is married to the overall design. A set of bars, ditch the pillowcase seat and mabe bust out a grinder and drop the tail. This bike would last a while.

Ya i didn't want to sound harsh in my response. It's like finding a nice house that needs a few renos to make it great.

Now if it's supposed to be a rat rod then ignore every thing I said in this thread.

I'm hoping I can get some similar constructive criticism when my bike is done.

As much as I shoulder check, there is always a blind spot. Even building.

Back
Top Bottom