Japan Meets Britain...

I'm using two Manfrotto Super Clamps (these are photography-related items) that are coupled together. The one Super Clamp mounts to the left passenger peg, and the the other Super Clamp is holding onto the camera, which is just a Nikon Coolpix S5 point and shoot with video capabilities.

This is what a Super Clamp is:
http://www.bogenimaging.us/Jahia/site/bius/pid/6780?kindOfProductCollectionRequest=productDetail&productCode=035&productDescription=SUPER%20CLAMP%20W/O%20STUD&curBrandId=MAN&market=MKT1

If I have a chance, I'll try to post a shot of my setup on the bike.

Another point of view...

Try watching it with headphones on!

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww72/VinceLupo/?action=view&current=DSCN3014.flv

http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww72/VinceLupo/?action=view&current=DSCN3013.flv

I promised myself no more decals on the bike, but this one's a little hard to resist:

Honda.jpg

Vintage 1960's stuff, and I think there's just enough room on the bike for it!

I got it off eBay (where else?). Unfortunately it's original from the 1960's (water transfer), so this is the only one they had. I'm thinking of having them reproduced, but I have to look at a cost-effective way to do it.

Vince Lupo said:
I promised myself no more decals on the bike, but this one's a little hard to resist:

Honda.jpg

Vintage 1960's stuff, and I think there's just enough room on the bike for it!

Man, that is a sweet decal. I have to agree it would be hard to to add this one. :)

Rone

Mr.E said:
VERY nice bike! I like that Ton-up boy decal. Are those available somewhere?

I did that myself, but it's no longer on the bike. That was part of an earlier incarnation.

Well I had a change of heart on that Honda/Castrol decal, and decided to go with this one instead:

Castrol1.jpg

Castrol2.jpg

Think it suits the motif that's going on with the rest of the bike.....more of a gestalt, if you get my drift.

NOW I think I'm done!

Just logged over 1000 miles on the trip from Baltimore to the Vintage Motorcycle Days event at Mid-Ohio. Tons of rain, but the bike ran great with no problems. Took two days to ride out, and one day to ride back. Looking forward to next year!

swapend.jpg

Just added the vintage steering damper - a combination of genuine CYB race parts, and a CL77 steering damper. Plus, I managed to find a source for a headlight bulb with a replaceable H4 35w/35w bulb.
At least if I blow a bulb on the road, I can replace it fairly easily and not have to track down a 162mm sealed beam unit.

So now the bike has two steering dampers - one friction and one hydraulic. It's now taking on qualities of the Read Titan - two steering dampers, the same clutch cable routing, Amal 26mm carbs.

Attachments

• SuperHawk2009.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 285
ROne said:
Man, that is a sweet decal. I have to agree it would be hard to to add this one. :)

Rone

you know, if you scan that decal in high res, i bought some water transfer decals that i can print using my laser jobby.... we could sell these on the cheap... REAL CHEAP! and you can make them whatever size you want

I have actually been considering that. I had a local printer do some up on decal material, but the results were fuzzy and the colour blocks were dotted with red. I'll have to see if I can make the scan better (I have one that's 5mb at the moment). Maybe i'll bring it to my local pro photo lab and see if they can do a better job. I'll keep you posted....

Thought I'd add this one to the thread, though it is elsewhere on the forum.

In full flight on the Maryland backroads....

VinnyRide6.jpg

I'm slowly figuring out my winter projects for the bike: Redo the front fender, as it has a few things on it I'd like to fix once and for all, and replace the front brake cable with a shorter one (same length as the tach cable); Replace the black metal rings at the top of the external springs with chrome 'cups' for a more finished look; Rechrome the gas tank side panels; Chrome the rear brake/torque arm on the left side; Fix the paint bubbling around the filler cap of the tank; Convert the main fuse from the old glass type to a flat, plug-in style; Dip the entire bike in platinum and cover the seat with leopard skin.

Hmm....okay, well maybe not those two last things ::)

Just hit a milestone today (November 21, 2009).

20000.jpg

I've officially done 16,000 miles on the beast since purchasing it in May of 2004. Hopefully there will be at least 16,000 more!

What a difference a week can make. Last Sunday we were digging out from a 21 inch snowfall:

WishfulThinking.jpg

Yesterday, there was very little evidence that we ever had the storm. It was beautifully sunny, with temperatures in the upper 40's.

My ride wasn't particularly long (only about as far as my chilled fingers could handle), but it was a nice way to end the year. Next stop is my mechanic's for the winter projects.....

FinalRide2009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom