New option - Site Supporter subscription

You guys have my enduring and continuing thanks and appreciation. It's helping out a lot, especially now that we've moved to a fully self-managed server at significantly higher monthly costs. It's been a lot of work moving the site and configuring the server, but well worth it.

We're being hosted at Linode.com - an awesome place to host a site if you need more than the basic shared hosting services offered up by Hostgator (our previous home) and the like. Can't say enough good things about Linode - great support and so far flawless performance.

Tim said:
BTW - one of the immediate activities we're doing (again) is the annual North American International Motorcycle Supershow here in Toronto. We were a big hit last year, and have been invited back! So we'll be in the same spot, with some new bikes, and spreading the good word.

With luck we'll hopefully be able to coordinate with some regional members to get a presence at some other shows across Canada and the US in upcoming months. Might be as simple as shipping the banner around or having a couple more printed up.

ship the banner around to the regions.. the regions can have a group meeting where everyone signs it and send it to the next region

Just tried to become a supporter, but when I clicked the link I got an error message. Is my money no good here? My guess its operator error let me know what to do differant.
Thanks

What was the error message? Once in a while it might not work properly.

I DO hope that there are more subscribers than the 40 odd responses here ??? ??? ??? ??? ??

I know not everyone who subscribes will post to let the others know .........but approaching 10K members?

Personally I can't thank Tim [ and others ?] enough, not only for having the foresight to produce such a "club" - but the immensely hard work and dedication [ yes - and COST ] it must have taken [ is taking ] Tim and any helpers to run it AND see it expand.

It has given me a chance to share some of my accumulated knowledge "from the day" - meet other BOF's from my era - HALF WAY ROUND THE WORLD - AND pick up on what the new breed of Special builders are up to.

$10 is less than the price of a couple of pints of beer here in the UK.

I belong to some internet only clubs where you HAVE to pay $30 -$40 just for the privalege ..............................

More power to ya Tim..........................................

I just paid up......I thought I would put my money where my mouth was when it comes to forum support!
Thanks,
Jackstraw

bradwsm said:
Just tried to become a supporter, but when I clicked the link I got an error message. Is my money no good here? My guess its operator error let me know what to do differant.
Thanks

I have tried three times and keep getting error messages as well...

I will have to try another card.

Again, thanks to all of you who have signed up for the Site Supporter subscription. It helps tremendously.

If anyone encounters an error during the process, check your PayPal account. If the transaction goes through and your status here isn't updated to Site Supporter, shoot me a PM with your PayPal account email address so I can cross reference it back to your membership here.

I keep an eye on it, and every time a new subscription comes in I try to double check that the user's status has been updated (should happen automatically) but every once in a while I might miss an error.

Ironically, the Site Supporter process has added more work to running the site ;)

Tim, I've already sent my $10 in........thanks for all your hard work! Ten dollars is a small price to pay for keeping this place going and improving.

One idea though, just about every day or so, we get a poster, either new or an existing member that writes a message informing us of some new product or service that he is selling for our bikes. Don't get me wrong, I think that this is helpful for the members and that we should encourage product development, but these people are using the Forum for commercial purposes and do stand to make some money from those posts. I think that folks who are going to post their products for sale on the Forum should kick in the $10 to be a site supporter before they offer anything for sale. When I look through the posts that are offering various things for sale, I can only find one guy who has contributed his money for support. Surely, this is a small amount to pay for offering your products to the members. If I'm off base with this suggestion, I apologize. What do you think, Tim and other members?

Thanks for your support, Aardvark! I don't know what happened.....this thread seems to have dropped off the face of the earth!!

I have tried a couple of times and could not get it to take my card, I paid with paypal and it went through!

Thank you for all of the hard work on the site and for providing so many of us a nice place to share ideas and our love affair with the motorcycle.

Thank you to all for being Brothers!

You guys (and the one or two gals here ;)) are great, and thanks for the ongoing support. I want the supporter program to be totally voluntary and never want to drive people to sign on. Just if you find value from the board and have the ability to contribute.

If people sign on and only post items for sale, frankly, the chances anyone will buy anything from them are pretty slim.

I welcome people who are already running businesses or start businesses up while on the board and market their products and services to the members. Lots of them do sign up for the Site Supporter program and I think our members appreciate those business who do.

As we have more and more companies represented here, we may start a specific sponsored section of the board where they can post up details on their products and services - each one with their own board, which will show up on the main forum index page. So they get some exposure, have the ability to post up their products, and people who are interested can find them more readily.

Just sent my $10 site supporter subscription.

Already in my short time I have seen amazing bikes, saved lots of money with the ideas and technical posts and now seem to spend all of my time on site.

Thanks for a great site and glad I could help in some small way.

Back
Top Bottom