Business casual- What's your gear for the ride to the office

M.B Co

Coast to Coast
Checking in for all the other riders who work in an office setting wearing business casual attire. Normally I wear my boots with my slacks + my leather jacket and bring my dress shoes in my backpack. I do have a little soft cover for my shift lever so if I need to head out during lunch I can wear my dress shoes without damaging them.

It is fun to watch peoples face being on a vintage bike wearing dress slacks and a dress shirt 8)

I jus ride my robo cop left over lookin scooter in a lab coat. No one judges a man on a 125cc hell scoot

I wear shirt and tie to work, but I've got leather overpants and I wear a textile (hoping to move to leather soon) jacket over the shirt and tie. Dress shoes go into my backpack to change when I arrive.

I wear jeans/tee shirt/boots & keep clothes at the office. Can't stand backpacks while riding & don't really like the hassle at the gas station of a tank bag.

Change of shoes in the saddlebag. Jackboots with my pant legs tucked in, usually leather over them. Vest or jacket over my shirt.

Always have "helmet hair" at work, they've gotten used to it.

Duluth firehose khaki or black jeans. Icon Superduty black riding boots. Dress or polo shirt under leather jacket (<55F morning) or textile/armor jacket.

Scruffy said:
Always have "helmet hair" at work, they've gotten used to it.

Luckily my short hair style always looks like I have helmet hair so I am good there, lol.

I keep a spare pair of dress shoes at the office and wear my leathers overtop of my dress clothes. Hair is short in the summer so minimal helmet head. A quote from the corporate leader of HR when he saw me one day "What, those nerds in IT ride motorcycles now?". Yes JACKASS they do!!!

How does get rid of the exhaust smell from your close, if I take my 69 CB350 around the block the whole day I reek of exhaust.

Cafe_to_go said:
How does get rid of the exhaust smell from your close, if I take my 69 CB350 around the block the whole day I reek of exhaust.

Tune your bike better....

I wear whatever I'm wearing + helmet. Usually slacks, button down or polo, and leather wingtip boots. Straight DGAF.

Boots+leather jacket+helmet.

I'm looking into kevlar lined denim (since I can wear jeans at the office most days). I intentionally bought boots that had all the motorcycle essentials (vibram sole, ankle support, and steel toes) but looked good with dress pants. All of the rest of my gear goes into a messenger bag (Reflective coating for night/early morning riding and a waterproof lining...because computers).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have yet to find a classy style dress shoe made for motorcyclists. I'm pretty particular on shoes.

These days I'm more Jeans and polo in the office so I just leave some shoes there and throw on my leather jacket...

When I commuted in London I'd ride the bike Mon-Thurs and take the tube on Friday with shirts and trousers for the week...that way I could go out after work on Friday night and have a few beers too...

M.B Co said:
I have yet to find a classy style dress shoe made for motorcyclists. I'm pretty particular on shoes.

By my understanding, a motorcycle shoe cannot be made. Shoes do not cover the ankle. If you don't care about ankle protection, then would not any sturdy leather shoe be suitable?

LovingtheCLE said:
Boots+leather jacket+helmet.

I'm looking into kevlar lined denim (since I can wear jeans at the office most days). I intentionally bought boots that had all the motorcycle essentials (vibram sole, ankle support, and steel toes) but looked good with dress pants. All of the rest of my gear goes into a messenger bag (Reflective coating for night/early morning riding and a waterproof lining...because computers).

I have RST kevlar jeans. The quaility is questionable. I had to send the first pair back to get a set that was sewn together properly. They are also hot and sweaty when not on the bike, like wearing jeans over jogging trousers. OK for a few hours doing whatever leisure activity, but I wouldn't want to wear them for 8 hours in an office that is at a suitable temp for wearing skirts. They also let wind blast through. After about 40 mins in UK Spring temps, I want to pull over and get warm.

grancuda said:
Can't stand backpacks while riding

Guys, please dont ride with anything hard in a backpack. If you come off, that hard object is in the best possible place for it to cripple you. I won't preach, just wanted to mention it for anybody who had not thought about it before.

I dunno - I reckon my 15' macbook pro would make a good back protector but yeah I can see having a small hard object could potentially knock something out of place...

Ride faster :)

Cafe_to_go said:

Back
Top Bottom