72' CL350 nickle and dime time

Re: 72' CL350 "KILLING MACHINE"

go! said:
wow, i can't wait to see it painted! the tank and seat already look awesome. and good job on the polished bits :)

so, where can i set up my cot?
+1

I love how the tank and seat mate up. I'm kind of anal about lines and that is sick work. I'm also digging you electros. Real nice and tight. Everything is very well done. Keep at it!

well, i crashed my bike. had to happen sooner or later. i just didn't think it would happen while it was completely disassembled and sitting on a workbench with the seat and tank on the frame. when i left to run a errand, i came back to my frame, tank, and seat on the ground. the tank with an enormous dent on top and the seat with a broken weld and several bent corners. the frame seems ok other than the new tank mounts being all bent up.

oh well, after the tank and seat are fixed, i have every piece i need to finish this project. I'll get some pictures up here this week. rims are coming back from powder and i'm gonna be lacing them up and putting on the new rubber this weekend. home stretch.

Re: 72' CL350 "KILLING MACHINE" WHOOPS!

i feel your pain man... i strap everything down, always... people bust my balls for it but i know what happens when you leave... gremlins come out and push stuff over!

go! said:
wow, i can't wait to see it painted! the tank and seat already look awesome. and good job on the polished bits :)

so, where can i set up my cot?

hey go! no fair!

... i thought i was gonna polish your forks...

bike looks great... bummer on the fall though

yeah i think all work will be done as close to earth as possible from now on. no more 3 1/2 ft up in the air.

Aw no man....that stinks! Effing gravity gremlins strike again!

making some progress this week. here we go...

tank and seat are nearly repaired.
CIMG0106.jpg

new tires 120/90/18 100/90/18
CIMG0107.jpg

freshly oiled reassembled forks
CIMG0108.jpg

new brake light.
CIMG0109.jpg

drilled rotor.
CIMG0111.jpg

rear hub painted with sprocket
CIMG0112.jpg

new brake lever
CIMG0113.jpg

new grips
CIMG0114.jpg

bar end blinkers
CIMG0115.jpg

new tapered steering stem bearings
CIMG0116.jpg

new acewell
CIMG0117.jpg

new brakes front and back
CIMG0118.jpg

new gas cap
CIMG0119.jpg

new speedcell battery
CIMG0120.jpg

scrambler pipes
CIMG0121.jpg

repainted engine satin black
CIMG0122.jpg

fresh rear sets
CIMG0123.jpg

fresh powder laced up
CIMG0124.jpg

front laced and true
CIMG0125.jpg

tire mounted to front
CIMG0127.jpg

fresh powder and fabed triple with acewell mounted
CIMG0132.jpg

frame painted
CIMG0134.jpg

gonna go back together this week if i can get the rear wheel trued up.

Re: 72' CL350 "KILLING MACHINE" UPDATE 6/13/10

Wow, Christmas came early. Nice loot!

I can't make it out on my phone, but are there lock washers behind the sprocket nuts?

Big R said:
Wow, Christmas came early. Nice loot!

I can't make it out on my phone, but are there lock washers behind the sprocket nuts?

yes.

///M3Matt said:
looks great!! where did you get the acewell gauge?

thanks, i actually won it on ebay, cause everywhere else was backordered.

Re: 72' CL350 "KILLING MACHINE" UPDATE 6/28/10

looking good so far. I hate it when things fall down and ruin your day. I always paint something and manage to drop it some how! You made a quick recovery with that tank though so good job.

That Acewell gauge looks great the way you mounted it. I have to pick my gauge up at the post office (Ebay too) this morning and I think I am going to make a bracket similiar to yours. ;)

Just caught up on this build and I already want more... what's it look like now?!

well as soon as i get my rear rim back from the dingus that broke 2 spokes trying to true it the bike will be rolling. I also had to get new fork ears cause the ones that i had bought were too short and there wasn't enough room for the front brake switch that mounts to the old wheel lock.

also, the cl pipes i got seem to have a problem fitting. it looks like they are WAY to close and are nearly touching where the right side pipes comes through the left. anybody have an experience like this? it's almost as if the right pipe was bent...

Truly a beautiful machine!
I have a 71 Cl350 myself I would start something like this on her but first I have to make myself that workshop :D.
My pipes have given me problems like that before but it has alway been the way the brackets were set. Are they properly installed at the exhuast ports? This has also made my pipes seem too close to eachother which lead to instalation failure untill I caught my mistake.

Cl350k3guy said:
My pipes have given me problems like that before but it has alway been the way the brackets were set. Are they properly installed at the exhuast ports? This has also made my pipes seem too close to eachother which lead to instalation failure untill I caught my mistake.

that's really good to know, i'll bet anything that's the case. thanks for the tip.

my uncles shop is a pretty nice place to keep a project like this. i think i only have pictures of maybe a 1/4 of it.

i should have more pictures soon. thanks for the positive feedback.

Back
Top Bottom