KZ 400 dies while revving

2_DONE_THE_TON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
hey guys!

i´m really really frustrated right now.it´s been a long time coming since i had the chance to ride my KZ 400 café and now i´m totally desperate.

the bike spent all summer long in different workshops with some troubles.

it all started with her losing oil at the pushrod oil seal....the first workshop replaced the oil seal...after it was finished i rode it for 10 min and the oil seal "burned"...it was especially manufactured cuz the pushrod seal is discontinued for this model....when i tried to talk the mechanic who made that repair he gave me back my money and told me to change the workshop this is too complictated for him blablabla...

so after 3 months at the second workshop these things were done to the bike:

oil seal replaced--> engine holds oil now

carbs rejetted and synced-->bike is running pods

tank derusted and lined

oil light sensor renewed

new points,iginition timed

so when i got the bike back from the workshop i started it...it needed a little starter spray to start..seemd like it was standing for a while...then i let it run for 10 minutes reved the engine a bit to check if it was jetted properly.
no problems.

some days later i replaced the petcock cuz it was leaking (fuel was running in off position)...then i took it for a ride with the new petcock.

rode it for 10 mins to warm it up...then it revved the engine and suddenly the engine died.

then i tried to start it again (really really hard to start,when the engine is warm it normally starts first push),again it died when i revved the engine.

my guess is there is:

A)a fuel supply problem

or

B)ignition problem (the mechanic took it on the dynamometer and told me that the iginition tends to misfire around 6500 rpm....)

what you guys think?
i apprectiate every input!!

Is it possible that a fuel filter can 'choke' fuel to the carb?bought a new one and.installed it before i rode the bike,the workshop used a surrogate tank with no filter cuz my tank was derusted and lined so maybe this is the only thing that changed.

She just dies like hitting the kill switch,no weird sounds or popping.

Ryan Stecken said:
Is it possible that a fuel filter can 'choke' fuel to the carb?bought a new one and.installed it before i rode the bike,the workshop used a surrogate tank with no filter cuz my tank was derusted and lined so maybe this is the only thing that changed.

She just dies like hitting the kill switch,no weird sounds or popping.

Yes, years ago I had a small fuel fi.her on my KZ1000.
Normal riding was fine but if I pinned it it would run out of fuel.

Back
Top Bottom