thinking of murdering out my bike.

neondave

So I've been searching around and seeing a lot of different bike and was thinking about changing mg bike up for the upcoming summer now my bike looks likes this now I was thinking of murdering it out a bit and painting alot of it either flat or gloss black what do you guys think paint it black and leave the tank red like painting the forks and headlight and what not maybe the motor. Or maybe just the forks and change up the front fender and mirrors and look into stretching the swing arm to make it a little longer. Looking to get some feedback on the idea

IMG_20130614_195000_371_zps618f2869.jpg

IMG_20130511_141617_856_zps4c266fb3.jpg

Re: thinking of murdering my bike.

I live out of the way down in the swamp so forgive me as I am "out of the loop". Is murdering a new style? Is it taking over the cafe scene?

I would just take that sack off of the front.

Maybe move the bag to the back I need to have place to keep my registration and insurance. And as far as murdering out pretty much means to flat black everything not sure what I wanna do with it yet. As far as cafe no thanks I'd rather cut my bike into little pieces before even considering one of those ugly things. May just touch up a few things paint the forks and change the mirrors and finally put some more money in it. And maybe cut down those bug eye marker lights lol move em in a bit or change em out when I built the bike I didnt have a lot of money now I work at a speed shop so have plenty of money to put into it.

soak it in gas-oline and set it to fire its the only way to be sure 8)

Sometimes I think that's better off lol she only has 10k original miles not bad for an old bike maybe I'll flip it and buy another since I only paid 300 for it bone stock and put maybe 200 into it

If that's the case I'd go MANSON on it and murder that bad boy. At least to match those hangers. As far as the papers go once that bike is murdered what law enforcement agent is gonna have the balls to pull you over?

MURDER!
Nothin like a $10 rattle can paint job to show all dem silly ugly cafe bikes whos boss ::)

That bike's not really my style, but all black bikes look terrible. It's about the laziest thing you can do with a bike's style, and for it to look even vaguely good, you've got to do it right. No one ever does it right.

Wasn't all flat black a nineties thing? Is it coming back again? What happened to the rear end of that bike? It looks like it collapsed in those small pics, but I'm guessing it may have been lowered or hardtailed.

we have an FZR400 in the shop with semi gloss tank, seat cowl and fairing with a yellow stripe and white wheels and it looks fine, but all black is just a rat bike look that was popular a while ago as a grunge look. Not my favorite look.

Pretty much a mad max kinda thing but looking into different ideas get rid of some of the chrome but keep it clean.

I think you should hang a huge american flag from the sissybar.

I say the bike has considerable potential. So either use your heart and do something nice with it, or leave it alone.
Don't ridicule it.

M.

As far a stretching the swing arm probably cut out maybe 2 inches of it and weld in some pieces toof coarse making sure its all squared up not 100% sure on the play yet I found a cm at the local junkyard if its still there im gonna grab the swing arm and work on it the bike now is just a bit to short and kinda akward at times while riding but being a hard tail its fairly comfortable its not to bad I may just leave it be just change the paint up a little bit or get a new tank all together I want to use a dual cap mustang tank for the bike but being the stamped steel frame it would bee major modifying to change it so not sure what my plans are I will most likely change the lights around to something newer. Considering the bike looked like that when I started I think its a good improvement.

5N45E45J73E73J43N7c9uec26e8b51e0213f0-1.jpg

I have started working on the gas tank stripped it down bare metal go re weld the sides also have it soaking in vinegar it got a little rust in it going to paint it burnt copper with a high gloss clear it should look pretty nice.

Dude, punctuation is always good.

Here you can borrow some of mine. , , , , , , , , . . . . . . . . . .
Should hold you out for a while.

As for the bike. It looks like a good starting point, it also looks like you made a start.
Here are a few ideas I have had to change the look of your bike a bit. Take them as you will.

Engine:
Paint it a gloss or satin black.
Keep the clutch and rocker cover bare, the polish the hell out of them.
Heat wrap the exhaust with black wrapping.

Front End:
Get better mirrors.
Move toolbag to back of sissy bar.
Get a single gauge.
Smaller headlight.
Paint lower fork legs gloss or satin black.

General:
Replace side covers with sheet metal.
or
Repaint side covers to match tank.
Spoke rims front and back.
Springs under seat.
Smaller indicators.
Smaller Rear light.

That should make it look a bit neater.
I would not go for all black either. If you have a look at all the show choppers none are straight black, there is always some accent to draw attention.

Re: Re: thinking of murdering my bike.

neondave said:
. As far as cafe no thanks I'd rather cut my bike into little pieces before even considering one of those ugly things.

What was the name of this site again?

Back
Top Bottom