Post a pic of your latest purchase

ridesolo said:
This managed to climb into the back of my truck and come home with me. '73 Chaparral 80cc, not real pretty, but not terrible either. turns over, has compression, and will shift. Probably will run w/ some small effort. Tank is very decent and so far it appears that the only needed part is the rear fender.

1232-220417192929.jpeg

Interesting update. Just got a call from the auctioneer. This has a title after all! (We wondered about it because it was plated back in the '80s and you can't get a plate w/o a title in Ohio.) When I get things calmed down a little around here I should be able to get it running, do a little clean-up, and then move it along to a happy new owner.

Modern inverted fork spring compressor tool...
17992050_1445952592145564_1531977547846962740_n.jpg

I found that using two ratchet type tie-downs to do the work with the tool, is WAY better than trying to muscle the bloody tool by yourself, or even with a helper.
18157284_1445952682145555_3159937950391161908_n.jpg

There is a long bar version of the tool that utilizes a power drill to compress the works, and another long bar version that has a big leverage arm to do the works, both well over $125. The simple one that I bought sells for about $25, ratchet straps were $10 for the pair.

72 Yamaha 80 enduro for a pit bike/ yard thrasher
04b865abd9214e3f88ef3fa3f0f164e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

advCo said:
Barber pitbike races. I can see it now.

JustinLonghorn said:
The 80 coming to the thaw?

JSJamboree said:
I'll bring my Rupp

CrabsAndCylinders said:
I would have given my left nut for a Rupp when I was a kid!
Yes!!! I got it running pretty good. Main jet was loose, almost backed clear out actually. It really rips pretty good for how small it is, how big I am and how sketchy the brakes are

And yeah jussy, I bought this pretty much just for the thaw ha. I went to look at a mini bike to put one of those predator 212's in for thaw, but came home with this instead ha

HURCO550 said:
And yeah jussy, I bought this pretty much just for the thaw ha. I went to look at a mini bike to put one of those predator 212's in for thaw, but came home with this instead ha

Thats dangerous, my 212 predator in the Rupp has 2x more money into it than the motor cost... new valve components, billet lightened flywheel, exhaust and intake, mikuni carb, governor delete... But those 4" drum bakes, they work so well :) If i had this motor in it when I was a kid (ive had the rupp since I was about 5) I wouldn't be here right now.

You know I like 2Ts, so I think you made the right choice anyways.

JSJamboree said:
Thats dangerous, my 212 predator in the Rupp has 2x more money into it than the motor cost... new valve components, billet lightened flywheel, exhaust and intake, mikuni carb, governor delete... But those 4" drum bakes, they work so well :) If i had this motor in it when I was a kid (ive had the rupp since I was about 5) I wouldn't be here right now.

Those 212's are sketchy in stock form. I put one in a little Baja mini bike a while back and man that thing was sketchy

surffly said:
Ill bite, what makes that tester so nice?
Well, for one it's brass and hand machined and costs $10 like the cheap plastic ones. Plus it's a good size and durable. It's great for packing in a tool bag on enduro rides. I had one in the 80s when I raced and built VWs. I lost it years ago and was happy to get one again. Seems a good fit for my R100/7, too.

irk miller said:
Well, for one it's brass and hand machined, so when I sell my beamer to a hipster it will add to the value of the bike. You can also use to to shotgun a pbr which earns even more hipster points.

fixed it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301116281962

or, if you don't mind waiting for overseas shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361281739325

JSJamboree said:

That thing must move!

Here's my haul for the day. 78 XL350 mostly complete, pretty rough the engine is in pieces in a box. Cam journals are good and it turns but some rust on the cam and rockers.

And then I spent a couple hours tearing the motor out of an '82 ATC200 cuz it was there.

Cheaper than your beer for the weekend.

46efdd2b9b9b50aadff96c88df999f50.jpg

Back
Top Bottom