Head gasket leaking but with good compression?

1984cc

Got my CL350 running a little over a week ago and had some starting issues when I was a little ways from home. I had it towed to a shop to have them take a look and just to give the bike a once over after all the work I did. The initial issue I was having was that I couldn't get it to start (electric starter was just spinning and kick start was going to smoothly and wouldn't start the motor).

The shop called today and said it was the starter clutch and that they got it running. I was also told the headgasket is most likely leaking because there is a slight air leak that can be heard (I noticed this too and also had a slight oil leak). I replaced the headgasket but I had to take the motor back apart twice to adjust some thing and it's possible I honestly didn't torque it down right. Is it possible that the gasket is bad after this short time or could something just not be tightened down correctly? I did a compression test before starting and it was around 150-160psi on each cylinder when cold.

Back
Top Bottom