1975 CB360 Freeze-dried Hell Ride

deviant said:
I figured out the right side coil mount loosened up enough that the positive wire on the coil was grounding to the mount. Fucking A.
Same thing happened with me last summer. I was halfway to the cottage and somehow fixed it on the side of the road.

deviant said:
I bought the EMGO carb sync tool, but the brass fittings for the vacuum ports are smaller than those on the Kei-Hin carbs. Anyone have a source for just those fittings?

Hi guys,

I home-made carb sync adapters made from black-powder pistol nipples, press-fit and soldered to brass tubes, (since the thread-pitch is 6 x.75mm). It's a way to make it happen if PJ's parts aren't available. ;)

Best of luck with the 360!

S

Shark said:
Hi guys,

I home-made carb sync adapters made from black-powder pistol nipples, press-fit and soldered to brass tubes, (since the thread-pitch is 6 x.75mm). It's a way to make it happen if PJ's parts aren't available. ;)

Best of luck with the 360!

S
Cool, I see. They have them a Cabela's...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pietta-Black-Powder-Revolver-Nipples/705221.uts
s7_213278_imageset_01

I've gotten PJ'S but I may get some for kicks. It looks like you can just slide the tube over the tip. No need for the brass.

Nice! Yeah, most of the ones made for the Italian/ European versions should be fine.

The nipple tip isn't that long, but as long as you have a tight fit, maybe you don't need the brass tube extender after all.
I only put about an inch of tube on em.

S

husy2a5u.jpg

This is what happens when I try to ride into the back of the truck. I need better ramps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deviant said:
T
husy2a5u.jpg
This is what happens when I try to ride into the back of the truck. I need better ramps.

Or, you could have just called me, I only live across town. It would have been a pleasure to come over and help you load her up.

OJ said:
Is the bike OK?
The bike is fine. It hit right at the front of the frame where the right-side engine mount is. I'm just glad I didn't take the bet to jump the bike into the truck.

xb33bsa said:
hahah too bad you dint have a camera going
izzat a burn mark on the bike plate ? :D
Ha! Yes. I had the bright idea of mounting the plate with wing nuts. As you can see, that didn't work very well.

Show us what you are working with man. I love your seat work and all, and just want to see where you are these days. pretty much the same as your last photos?

-Ben.

Cursh said:
Show us what you are working with man. I love your seat work and all, and just want to see where you are these days. pretty much the same as your last photos?

-Ben.
Thanks for askin' ;D. I put nearly 1500 miles on it the last month to shake it out. Changed the oil and ran through some checks at 1000 miles. Went to the blue Rotella, which I'm not sure I like very much. Shifting has gone to shit and the clutch wants to slip in 3rd and sometimes 4th gear since I switched over. At the next 1000 miles, I'm probably switching back.

I've also been getting some cracks in the seat. The aqua-resin isn't holding up, at least not how I originally fabricated the seat. So I sanded it and cast it before it gets too bad.
77150-140614215608.jpeg

I'll make another aqua-resin version in the mold and probably go with a resin fiberglass version too.
I also made a pattern to possibly fab a sheet metal version if I don't end up sending a cast to Junior for him to work his aluminum magic.

deviant said:
. I put nearly 1500 miles on it the last month to shake it out. Changed the oil and ran through some checks at 1000 miles. Went to the blue Rotella, which I'm not sure I like very much. Shifting has gone to shit and the clutch wants to slip in 3rd and sometimes 4th gear since I switched over. At the next 1000 miles, I'm probably switching back.

Have you fitted heavy duty clutch springs?
It's one of the things I forget to tell people when they switch to K&N filters, clutch is marginal when stock, it's designed to slip slightly when changing gear close to redline

I installed the HD clutch springs, but I did not change out the discs since the bike only had 8000 miles. The issues seemed to happen with the oil change, but obviously a lot has been done to the bike and this is the first real shakedown. I was planning on installing new discs at the next oil swap.

I tell you what bud, I am a firm believer in the rotella. but, you do what you feel you gotta do. then publish up a report about your findings.

BTW I am just about ready for a race! ;D ::)

I learned a lesson this morning. I always used grease on the advancer. A couple weeks ago I disassembled it, and used oil upon re-assembly. (because the oil was next to my chair and grease was on the other side of the garage) This morning I pulled it out. And it was all grinding and crunchy when I would twist it by hand. I cleaned the oil off and re-greased. Smoooooth.

I have to wait til 9 to start it up and re-time. So, If you can get here by 9:15 Ill be ready for ya. ;)

After casting the seat, I start working on the repair. There were several areas where the seat was too thin and those same areas have the cracks. One particular area, where the seat transitions to the hump, I had carved out for electronics. It's about 1/8" to 3/16", which is too thin for any fiberglass. I'm also making sure the seat meets the rail better, as it flexes when you put your weight on it.

Attachments

• honda_85.jpg
    honda_85.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 499
trek97 said:
I tell you what bud, I am a firm believer in the rotella. but, you do what you feel you gotta do. then publish up a report about your findings.
I ran it without the HD springs for half the miles, and very well could have burnt up the clutch some before the switch. It's the downshifting that I wonder about. It doesn't want to go into first so easily anymore. Sometimes, I have to lunge the bike forward to get it drop into gear.

deviant said:
I ran it without the HD springs for half the miles, and very well could have burnt up the clutch some before the switch. It's the downshifting that I wonder about. It doesn't want to go into first so easily anymore. Sometimes, I have to lunge the bike forward to get it drop into gear.

do you have 1/2 inch or so free play at the lever tip ?

Back
Top Bottom