MMA fans? Silva vs Sonnen II... Thoughts?

Deviant1

Over 1,000 Posts
So Anderson 'The Spider' Silva and Chael 'The Gangster from West Linn' Sonnen meet again this Saturday night. It's the biggest mma fight of the year. Anyone here into such things? And if so what are your thoughts on the fight. It was almost two years ago that Sonnen gave Silva all he wanted for four and a half rounds before having an armbar/triangle choke slapped onto him by Silva. I think it's a pick 'em with a slight advantage for Silva... But my heart wants to see the Spider get grapple-fucked for five rounds.

Is this where one of the fighters rips out the others heart and eats it i would watch that all bath salts mma fights haha

Here's to hoping that Sonnen wins. He's finally got Silva to talk smack but then again that may have been Dana White pushing for that. I'll be at my wifes 20th year High School Reunion this Saturday night so my buddy is going to DVR it to watch the next day(he has to go also). Silva said he had a broken rib or something in the first fight but he didn't walk into the cage looking like he a broken rib cause those things hurt! Looked to me like a punch to the face brought him down instead.
Deviant, I always wondered why they would never replay that fight up until last week. Marketing maybe?

I would imagine it was to help keep people from talking about the 16:1 testosterone ratio Chael popped for after the fight.

I haven't watched MMA in over a year. I miss the early days before weight classes and timed rounds, it was so much more relevant.

personally, i always root for the underdog. none the less i do really belive silva is the best pound for pound fighter around as of the moment. or bones jones... but thats a weightclass issue. george st. pierre is in there as well. GSP vs bones makes for a good fight..

Bones vs. Silva is the fight I want to see. Silva has fought at light heavyweight before.
People have been pushing GSP vs Silva, but GSP is at such a body defecit in the higher weight class that I don't think it's smart for him to take that fight.
As far as the old days go, the current owners are trying their best to hide that stuff. The old ufc's are mostly only available via old VHS copies. I do understand the weight classes though. It's the only way to legitimize it as an actual sport. For me mma is the most pure form of athletic competition available to us. Sports competitions started as training for combat after all.

Back
Top Bottom