Ft. Conde Vintage bike show. Nov 7th, Mobile, AL

Chip

Been Around the Block
I'm planning on getting a group together to ride over. Lemme know if anyone is interested:

The Mobile Bay Vintage Motorcycle Club is holding its second motorcycle show in Historic Fort Condé located in downtown Mobile , Alabama on Sunday the 7th of November 2010 . The Fort, a recreation of the original French fort, is an outstanding venue for displaying our vintage motorcycles on the cobblestones. Admission to the public is free and bikes can be entered for $3 each. Certificates (suitable for framing) will be awarded to the first 3 places in each class. Food service will be on site and the fort is close to the downtown restaurants. The classes to be judged are listed below:

Vintage American over 250cc Vintage European 1973 and older
Vintage American 250cc and under Vintage British pre-1991
Vintage Japanese 1974 - 1990 Motor scooter pre-1991
Vintage Japanese 1973 and older Unrestored original pre-1991
Vintage European 1974 - 1990 Café racer (any age)
Custom (any age) Competition (any age)

The schedule will be: registration from 11:00AM to 1:30 PM , Judging starting at 1:45 PM , and awards at 3:15 PM. Venders are welcome but must obtain a city vender's permit.

Questions: contact Jim Downey jdowney@mobis.com or Mike Thomason jawa1@zebra.net . Visit the club site at www.mbvmc.net .

Sponsored by: the Museum of Mobile and A&B Cycles cycles in Mobile AL www.aandbcycle.com

Sounds great Chip, I will check my calender and see if I can make it. I will also check with Alex and see if he can too, maybe he and I could ride up to meet up with you guys before going on over. Just an I dea, but Alex lives down Ft. Morgan rd., we may could take the ferry on the way over or back? Just a thought!

Also, I am going to move this over to the event section and leave the link here for a few weeks!

Hmmmm, I might be able to do this. Sadly I probably won't be able to make a definite decision until I see what my Monday/Tuesday route looks like on the 5th. (if this were on a Saturday I'd be all over it)

Maybe with some luck I'll be finished with the wifes Rebel and she can enter it too ;)

I'm going to Auburn this weekend to watch the Homecoming game. But I'm trying to cut the trip short so I can make it out there. The wife is talking about loading the kids up in the car and providing us with a chase vehicle. We'll see.

We are going to meet at The Coffee Loft in Fairhope around 9, then hit the road about 10ish

Meet up time at the Coffee Loft is 10:30. 503 North Section Street, Fairhope 36532

Chip said:
Meet up time at the Coffee Loft is 10:30. 503 North Section Street, Fairhope 36532
Hopefully I will see you there, I am planning on riding over leaving from Foley around 9am!

Looks like I'll have to pass :mad:
My route looks like shit for Monday/Tuesday :(

Couple of pics of the Dirty South Crew who attended

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

Back
Top Bottom