Looking to buy/ trade for xs1100 brakes!

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
Im at that point where these are going to cost more than the whole build so i guess fuggit
But i need front and rear master cyl lines and calipers.....Front calipers have to be for a leading axel front end .....i would like them to be plug and play the rear master is a complete bitch to bleed ( i have a pile of them) SOMEONE SAVE ME!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
Yep. That stuff looks like an elephant to me. I know you have to eat it one bite at a time, but where do you take that first bite?

If we were neighbors, I think I could get you going, but that can't happen from here. What is the deal? The rear brakes were rebuilt and you can't bleed them? Or is it worse than that? What's wrong with the front calipers? Stainless pucks are available for the Special calipers, but I need some extra brain strain to remember who the vendor is. Do you need used replacement parts? If that's the case, go to XS11.com and contact member andreashweis via PM. He will hook you up with whatever you need at very reasonable cost.

Did I understand this? You are still trying to make a go of the XS1100?

He has emailed me but either only has one of the front calipers i need or doesnt have pictures for some reason we cant get together on this one he probably does have what i need but i want to be sure 100% im not sure what year my forks are etc etc all i know is leading axel front end brakes are impossible to find working....i took apart all 5 of my rear masters and put one together with the good seals and it pumps fluid but i cant get the banjo nut in before getting air in it that and if i install it on the bike it doesnt matter what position i put the foot lever in it pushes the cyl in all the way..... I just said fuck it and started everything else .....still have no power and im not sure which plug to put the ignition on because this wire harness has plugs for a 3 and 4 prong ..... Confused is half the battle....

That picture is old i took all the random parts out and im getting ready for the swap meet in a few weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
Looking at the pic tells me you have '79, '80, or '81 Special forks. The '81 Midnight Special, the XJ11 Maxim, and standard all have something different. I would expect coming up with calipers to be easy.

If you had a way to service the rear brake from the caliper to the master cylinder, that would solve your problem. See if any of this helps.
https://youtu.be/tkxcQzhgJLU

Those guys couldnt get these brakes working ....no but seriously the rear master is impossible to bench bleed then get the banjo bolt in before air gets in im using a brake bleed pump after and still nothing....i stayed up until 5 am doing everything else looks like ill be riding this thing no brakes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 169
Desmo, where are you located? I think I have two sets of front calipers from an xs850 leading axle front end....which should be the same. I also have a very handy trick when brakes won't bleed and it has never let me down.

Circular bleeding.

take the banjo off the rear caliper, and remove the lid from the master. fill the master to full. hold the banjo from the caliper end of the line submerged fully in the brake fluid in the master, and pump until you don't see air bubbles anymore. Now re-connect the banjo to the caliper and bleed as normal. if you still have trouble but have more pressure than before, unbolt the caliper and put a piece of 1/8" plate steel between the pads and hold the caliper higher than the master to help the air rise to the top (bleeder up).

Im in gardner ma 01440 thanks for the tip i hadnt thought ofdoing it that way but may as well since im just pissing thru fluid as is.....im def interested in the front brakes post a pic if you can

Back
Top Bottom