1973 CB350G Top Triple Tree

davedogg

Hi guys. Top triple tree clamps are broken. Does anyone have one? I do not need any other hardware. Thanks!!

-Dave

I'm 99% sure that I have one that I bought from another member, but will likely not be using since I have a CB550 front end for my project now. I'll check when I get back to my place on Sunday/Monday.

Just to clarify, this is the triple tree I'm looking for.

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 365
Real common problem on later models but the early ones had spacer washers (as in pic) to help prevent breakage. Were they missing?

I have a torque wrench. Just need to find the specs. A member has offered up their spare tree. Thanks for everyone's help!

It will be generic spec probably on page facing the torque lists, 7mm bolt

Yep, it's a 7mm diameter bolt.
Chain adjusters also use 7mm bolts on most Honda's over 125cc
I often modify top yoke with a 6mm insert to use 6mm bolts on light weight (race modified) CB350's
Every few grams removed from bike makes a difference for us old fat bastards ;D

crazypj said:
Yep, it's a 7mm diameter bolt.
Chain adjusters also use 7mm bolts on most Honda's over 125cc
I often modify top yoke with a 6mm insert to use 6mm bolts on light weight (race modified) CB350's
Every few grams removed from bike makes a difference for us old fat bastards ;D
its been a long time since i have handled seen a cb/cl 33mm clamping upper yoke... but the 33 for the sl350 uses 8mm as do all the honda 35 yokes of that era
on my maikawi i have the 43mm fork pinch bolts reduced to lash with 1/4" military aircraft ti boalts

Had to go measure the bolt
OK, I screwed up. :-[
The shank diameter on 360 is 7mm but thread is 8mm.
Must be the 175/200 and smaller thats 7mm and maybe the very early 360's? I know I had 7mm bolts in one of them and also in the XS650

Back
Top Bottom