1976 CB360t Slightly modded, restored to roadworthiness - Workin' on Beauty

BTW, get sme decent MOTORCYCLE boots with steel insert shank in footbed, no chance of breaking foot again (can't guarantee safety of knee though ;D )
I have a few starter clutches if you need any original parts.

I have been looking for riding boots for ever. I have fat feet, 9.5 xxxx. Getting regular shoes is hard enough. Seems motorcycle boots don't come in wide widths. Thanks for the clutch offer. Hopefully I only need rollers and springs. I have them new from Honda....

Time for some pics and updates.

Replaced my ignition switch and got more volts everywhere. While I had disassembled the old switch and cleaned it up, if you wiggled it, it would lose connection. Foiund a complete set with plastic fork lock covers for $69 shipped:

69hM0i.jpg

Then I moved the switch from the fork clamps back to stock location.

bMmS8H.jpg

I also am worried about the condition of the nearly 40 year old fuse box, so this is on the way:

fdRdRW.jpg

The fuse box should help with reliability, but Sophie has been reliable so far.

I was unhappy with the horn location in front between the forks, attached to the lower triple clamp. I liked the look, but it was being hit by the fender and had to be bent out of the way....looked crappy. So I moved it to near stock location:

UfzvBP.jpg

Was out on a 36 mile ride today, and took some updated shots:

b6GRJe.jpg

viA1VX.jpg

UfzvBP.jpg

She still needs a lot of work, start clutch, cleaning and touch up, more electrical clean up for better reliability

At least at this time, I roll her out, 1 or 2 kicks and she is purring like a kitten. Between the Pamco E-Advance ignition, Sonreir's excellent R/R, well synced carbs, the bike just runs well. No fuss.

Of course, if I have time, and the choice is to clean up or ride, Sophie stays a dirty girl and goes riding.

:D They sure have a nice and classic look when left bone stock and super clean. Nice work bud.

Very sweet machine. The fuse box will be a nice upgrade to the system.

The only major deviations from stock are silencers and wheel rims
Rims probably have the biggest and best effrect but also look like a period upgrade 8)
All in all, it's a better bike than a Triumph 500 twin (which is a comprable motrcycle)

crazypj said:
The only major deviations from stock are silencers and wheel rims
Rims probably have the biggest and best effrect but also look like a period upgrade 8)
All in all, it's a better bike than a Triumph 500 twin (which is a comprable motrcycle)

Stock silencers are a little pricey in new condition. I used the cocktail shakers on my CB350 back in 1972. They were period correct. Ones like I have and Dunstall replicas were also used. Except for the e-advance ignition, and Sonreir R/R, I could take the bike back to say, 1978, and no one would know that it was from the "future" . Oh, I would need to delete the digital voltmeter from the tach... :)

BTW, the Key ring was purchased from a Honda Dealer in 1979. I need to have it face out, has the golden Honda wing emblem on it....

it looks fantastic ;) cudos for keeping the stock turnsignals as well they have so much more class than leads an are so much more brighter anyway

I haven't updated here in a while....I had some health issues last year and wasn't riding or wrenching. This year a little more riding. Sophie has been reliable and hasn't needed anything but gas and oil.... I finally had a little time to some other upgrades , so today I replaced the old fuse box with a new one that uses micro ATC fuses. The ATC fuses are less fragile than the OEM glass, and the fuse box I am, using has automotive type sealing to keep the fuses dry and protected.

I replaced the 6 pin connector too....This is a much more reliable solution .....

Attachments

• New ATC Fuse box.jpg
    New ATC Fuse box.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 5,062
  • 3 Fuses as old.jpg
    3 Fuses as old.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 5,510
  • New Fuse Box with loom.jpg
    New Fuse Box with loom.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,197
  • New Fuse mounted on bike.jpg
    New Fuse mounted on bike.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 5,243
JustinLonghorn said:
Did you get the fuse box from CycleTerminal.com?
They have them on eBay and Revival and a million other places. I got one with four terminals for the 7fitty at Revival.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Waterproof-Fuse-Relay-Box-Panel-Car-Truck-ATV-UTV-RV-Boat-4X4-Marine-/181835098358?hash=item2a563768f6:g:XxcAAOSwjVVVz4UP&vxp=mtr

https://revivalcycles.com/collections/motorcycle-fuse-block-and-replacements/products/waterproof-3-circuit-breaker-block

Back
Top Bottom