CB400N Comstar Wheel problem

felixloman

Hey.
Bought myself a honda not long ago and i want the wheels blacked out. Got a great deal at my local powdercoater. took the tires off, sprocket bla. bla. and when I got to the oil seal I encounter this. 4 screws. Haven't seen this before. Do you know if it's a standard? anyways screws are stuck so i hammer in a torx that breaks. Tried to drill it out but completely hopeless. What do I do now??

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• 21755147_10155137357998883_690064932_o.jpg
    21755147_10155137357998883_690064932_o.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 200
Yea thats what i thought... Noticed now that the wheel is actually welded together with the spindle. And frame. And exhaust, handlebars and everything. So i guess I'll just go chuck the unit in the plastic recycling bin.

Seriously though. Kinda new with this, can i try to snap the seal somehow? Or should i just rattle can the fucker?

Looks to me like that grease seal is just pushed in. Should pry out pretty easily.

Since you are this far and Im assuming you also want fresh bearings.

Drop it off at the machine shop and tell them to get those screws out.

Pick it up an hour later, pay the man and done. Easy Peasy, you wont even break a sweat. 8)

Thanks for the reply
But couldn't get the screws loose so just settled with powdercoat on the front wheel. Masked the rear and got it blasted and painted. When the bearings give out I'll just get a new rear wheel.

Once together if the bearings sound a little crunchy (sandy), I wouldnt recommend riding it.

Stinks the crappy stainless steel used to build the comstars would "rust". Ive got a pair on my wifes 78 CB400A.

And BTW Welcome to DTT. 8)

Back
Top Bottom