Honda CB/CL350 Brat Type Thing

Andrew21502

Been Around the Block
I posted this in the wrong section. However, I been lurking on this site for the past 2 years. I probably haven't driven a motorcycle since I been 11, but in the last few years I got really into it. I guess that's what happens when you dump the gf and take time off school lol. About a year and a half ago, I found a Craigslist find of a $150 CB350. When I brought it home and started to clean it up, all the VIN numbers were saying CL350 but the exhaust because it was a CB, Which I thought was interesting.

For the almost-mirror finish on the engine cases. I used 220, 440, 800, 1000, and 2000 grit sandpaper. Then put it on buffing wheel and only used white compound.

For the Dyna Coils, I cut the stock bracket in half, matched up the new coils. Tapped and then drilled new holes on the bracket for the condenser. Drilled one new hole of the frame to fit it all together. I think it turned out pretty well.
Also, I read somewhere, that you had to a modify the CB350 tank to fit the dyna coils. This is untrue for the CL, or maybe at least my year, everything fits perfectly under it.

Fellow board member bradj is helping me with my engine. Its something, even after sitting through countless hours of youtube videos, I cant fully understand how to rebuild or what to look for. Which is a great help.

I just received my huge order I placed to DCC, shorty shocks, shorty exhausts, new seat and tail loop bend upswept, among other little things. Somehow, the bend was really far off from the seat. I called them up and they said ship it back to them. Once I get the new one, ill have my frame done in a few days of that.

However, I am debating about either powder coating the frame or painting it.

My photos are too big, so I can only upload them to my flicker account. Feel free to look. Thanx. Everyone's builds help me, hopefully in mine, I can help them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/104307186@N06/

I started working on the frame. Since its a pressed frame and not a tube one. The brat style loop is a little more of a pain in the ass to deal with than normally, as it seems.

Also, as Im waiting for my new loop from DCC. I got my exhaust wrap in the mail. I got them wrapped, I think they turned out decently well.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    486.6 KB · Views: 414
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    460.5 KB · Views: 400
DCC ended up refunding my money for the bar and gave me an excuse saying that the bend is for general purpose and i would have to re-bend the pipe to where i would need it bent. Which makes absolutely no sense, when they sell the seat, which i bought on the same order, so they would have the spec of how i would need it bent. Considering i bought it upswept for extra money. Under their logic, why would they sell upswept bars if a person would have to re-bend them? Anyway, im just gonna order a straight bar and bend it to how i need it.

During my waiting time, i got bored and decided to give me carbs a lemon juice bath. 3/4 water to 1/4 lemon juice. I did this in my kitchen and it smelled terrible for 2 days. Luckily, my roommate wasn't home and he didn't have to deal with the smell.

After the bath i noticed two small pinhole holes in the carb float bowls. I just JB Welded them.
I still been debating about updating the carbs to VM28.

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 414
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 388
I got the top end pretty much tore apart. So i decided to bead blast some of the cases. Polished some and painted the other. i think they turned out well.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    214.3 KB · Views: 407
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 410
There was a local auction for a bunch of old bikes. I bought a few things and I found a complete cb360 in decent shape for a good price. I needed it to update the front end on my build.
There was tons of helmets and more stuff in the back that wasn't photoed. I got a few things that ill be selling. Just gotta go through it all first.

Attachments

• 941477_10201984452311400_158318988_n.jpg
    941477_10201984452311400_158318988_n.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 403
Another lamb for the slaughter. I picked this fine piece of non-running, non-titled equipment at the auction for 80.00 last week. I've taken the front end off, to do a swap with mine. I wanted disc brakes. I think it needs a new rim. However, i need to locate my fathers torch to take the triple tree out. its seized.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 455
This is what was left from the cb360, after i gave my friend the tank and i tore the front end off. I still need to get the triple trees off.

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    811 KB · Views: 508
I got this one andrew90210 honda engine # reads as follows get a pen and take this down
'S 643 L 994 O 551 W 444 J 537 U 643 N 863 K

The reason I bought the Honda is because I don't want to risk getting speeding tickets. Maybe, if I feel ballsy enough, ill race old ladies to the grocery store.

bradj said:
I got this one andrew90210 honda engine # reads as follows get a pen and take this down
'S 643 L 994 O 551 W 444 J 537 U 643 N 863 K
This is a matching vin for a Honda that I had stolen a few years back. Did it have the pedal upgrade brad?

Andrew21502 said:
The reason I bought the Honda is because I don't want to risk getting speeding tickets. Maybe, if I feel ballsy enough, ill race old ladies to the grocery store.

Make sure to pick one with a walker so you don't get embarrassed.

Maybe, if i overbore the pistons and update the carbs, I may have enough power to have a good race with one on a rascal scooter.

Back
Top Bottom