Powder Coat or Paint Comstars?

crazypj said:
Sounds like the problems are the same for either, people cheap out on prep ;D

Exactly, a painter usually can't just blast a part and then shoot a top coat on it like you can with powder.

ah man, this turned into a cluster fk fast... 375* for 30 min is not goint to affect the wheels... yes we have an engineer in the shop that can go though all the metal temp jargin, but i can save you the time and give you real world... my own bikes... the goldwings (2) both powder coated wheels, the green wing saw 2 bake cycles as i used a dormant on those wheels... help up great, where true, no distortion, no issues... the brat wing, also 2 coats of powder, no issues either... the CB750, solid coat SD powder, no issues at all high cure temp of 400*, and about the 100 we have done for customers... not one problem... here are some pics that i have handy, there are a ton more pics on our website...

Hell you can google powder coated comstars and see 1000000 results of happy people that had them done... then google problems with powder coated comstars and as you will see zero results, only conversations nothing tangible

also about bearing removal... on these old bikes you should be pulling and replacing the wheel bearings 1st thing you do after you change the oil! our shop offers the service to pull and install new bearings for customers that send their wheels in for coaing (for an upcharge of course) but if yoiu are rocking a 20+ year old bike and do not know when the bearings where done. i would replace them today! i have had a CB750 front wheel bearing fail and lock up on me... that will never happen to me again! i replace mine... hell on my harley and bandit i replace the wheel bearings every 15-20,000 miles

23ru9ls.jpg

s4wiee.jpg

images

images

images

Back
Top Bottom