Bike hauling Lowrider Truck--- Lot's of work to do on it

Nothing new to report on it, can't find it for the weeds grown up around it right now...

Been too busy job hunting to mess with it much. And trying to get ready for what is shaping up to be a near record if not outright monstrous pecan, walnut and hickory nut season. As in 3-4 tons per acre... and we should harvest about 20 acres this year. Wholesale that's between $60 and $80 grand, retail in shell I'm looking at more like 4x that, just in pecans. Retail ready to eat hickory nuts are $25/lb.

Truck can wait.

Hey you need to update man I love this truck and can't wait to see what you do with it. My dad's dodge Durango got nicknamed the tetanus mobile cus of the rust on it but man it can still pull

GodSilla650 said:
Did this project die or are you still working on it?

Still dragging along. Life got in the way of posting or playing with the trucks. Working on 3 at a time right now: 49 Dodge is in color testing, 69 Dodge is getting prepped for a 1 ton 4wd axle swap and transfer case, and the 92 K1500 Silverado is almost finish painted. Silverado moved to the head of the truck line.

image_zpsdhmpnr6h.jpeg
... Not bad for a $300 starting point. Runs, drives, everything works. Less than $100 for the paint, bed-rack-rear bumper were free, new mud tires next week, new battery, new windshield. The matching green marine grade vinyl for the interior arrived this afternoon, going black-grey-green inside, and bright green decal work outside. Ribbed and polished sand cast valve covers are here, getting paint later today, air cleaner lid to match. Advertising truck for the farm.

Oh, picked up another Savage in April 14. It is done too...
sam_03_2015_zpsbj9qtouq.jpg
... Sam (small Asian motorcycle). Took parts off the orange 98 to do this one, the 98 had an electrical meltdown that would do Lucas proud.

Will try to be around more, but babysitting a 90 year old, plus running the farm, plus a town job, eats a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom