Cb400 bobber thing

Maritime said:
there is a lot of extra wire you do not need in the factory loom. Honda is great at running stuff way longer and then tieing it all up in the headlight bucket. I am doing a CX right now and it has a similar wiring scheme as the CB450 you have, I hope to clean it up a bunch too.

Haha! Yep, headlight bucket full of mess! Found that one out along the way, it made me laugh! Ive found it very tedious mucking about with electrics all day, but satisfying when you get where you want to be!
Cx500? I was looking at one to buy before I found the Cb, looks like a cool bike to transform!

Yep, 82 CX500. not really doing anything crazy to it, just a frame up clean and tidy, slight mods and knocking the ugly off. If it stays around like you said it will get a phase 2 and get more done.

Welcome!

You are progressing well for being new to this. I really like the fire extinguisher idea. I agree it might be a bit big, have you looked at a smaller extinguisher, or maybe a stainless steel thermos instead. The thermos polished up might be perfect. I like the Ballistic batteries, small, light and you can orient them any way.

Brian

Cheers Brian!
The plan is to make something smaller, that's as small as I could go with the stock battery though. Stainless steel thermos is a good sounding idea, think I might use that after buying a small battery

Cheers

Brian,
I've had a good look at all I can find about ballistic batteries and found a lot of mixed reviews about them. Have you had experience with them, what would you recommend for my bike? Would I be better off getting something bigger than a 4 cell? They look so outrageously small, it's incredible!

Jim

I have had good luck but I have been told that if you exhaust their charge it can wreck them. The one in my Titan has discharged completely twice and it still works fine. I have 4 of them.

Did you look on this site to see if there is any information on them?

Brian

Nice one Brian!
Yes had a look on their website, the guidelines say a 4 cell would be enough for a multi cylinder 550cc or less... So one should do fine! I should just get one and see how it goes!

Cheers
Jim

Back
Top Bottom