1979 Chevy C10 Hellride

WhyNot said:
dayyyyyum man.....where and how do you find the time.

I'm a teacher, so we're transitioning into summer vacation. I proctored my last exam, submitted all grades, and attended my final post planning meeting. All that's left is graduation rehearsal Friday, and graduation on Saturday. I'm off until pre-planning begins Aug 8.

irk miller said:
I'm a teacher, so we're transitioning into summer vacation. I proctored my last exam, submitted all grades, and attended my final post planning meeting. All that's left is graduation rehearsal Friday, and graduation on Saturday. I'm off until pre-planning begins Aug 8.

Well, geesh, we should get together on a ride sometime.

If and when I ever get a time off.

Do you ever get involve with any of the local rides?

I know we've talked about this before.

Upper ball joint was a virtual Hell to get out. Air hammer wouldn’t push the rivets through. It took heat, a sledge and a wedge. Yay old trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0939.JPG
    IMG_0939.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 326
irk miller said:
Upper ball joint was a virtual Hell to get out. Air hammer wouldn’t push the rivets through. It took heat, a sledge and a wedge. Yay old trucks.

Now take that truck and soak it in brine for a few years and that’s what working on a vehicle in Quebec is like if it’s older than five years old

Very nice truck man

Hahaha. I don't miss that one bit from years of living and growing up north of Detroit.

That's funny, Washington coast, i can work with sealed goggles and still get rust in my eyes. Salt air is awesome....

Maritime said:
LOL I was going to say where's the pile of rust that should have fallen off all those bits ;D

Same here in continental Europe. We did get some US-muscle over the years, but most of it has just disintegrated.

(Following this with great interest, I must admit...)

Well, I got the stance I want but it’s maybe an inch too low. The lower control arms bounce enough to hit the ground now and then. I think it’s a combo of too short and too soft springs. I ordered a set of Eibach 2” drop progressive springs, which will hopefully solve that problem. I’m also considering going to a 16” front rim.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.JPG
    IMG_0941.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 330
Changing front wheels and tires is no small expense. I think it would look really good though.
Long as they clear fender.

trek97 said:
Changing front wheels and tires is no small expense. I think it would look really good though.
Long as they clear fender.

$500 isn't a huge expense. Another set of springs was almost half that. I could probably fit 20s inside the wheel wells with the right width, backspacing and offset. I have a cart saved with two AR Torq Thrust to match the current set- 16 x 8 with 4 inch back spacing and -11 offset. 235/60R16 BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport tires. If the springs don't get me exactly where I want to be, then I'll pull the trigger on the cart. At least a 16 will put the tire back up in the wheel well where I want it. I don't think it looks right if the front is higher on the tire than the back, which is a condition more difficult to achieve with a 16 rear and 15 front. The rake also pushes down on the front end more at park, and works the nose down more during braking.

I got that Eibach spring set installed. It’s amazing what just an inch does.

Attachments

• IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 339
Popped the hood off and pulled the motor on this thing. Had issues with the compression rings and went to do a refresh. Unfortunately, the bores are a little too far gone to get by with just a hone. Time to build a 383 stroker. Trucks like torque, right? I’m waiting on a set of 2.02 heads getting built to go with build. While the engine is out, we’ll do a bunch of work in the bay.

5748c259950a372482c1a51d9fcaa2bc.jpg
b966b4c7027f9fa9987c62693ee5f1ad.jpg
0b1a9d1ecf6b8a5940eedd34f8a787b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things are looking up. Inventory the delivery of a 383 stroker kit...
0e07cf792d246a2379f5bedc08422461.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom