Pattern for homemade leather jacket?

Tommyp

Has anyone ever made their own leather jacket? My mom is pretty skilled on a sewing machine and has offered to make me my own leather jacket. She said that she needed a pattern and then she would put one together for me. I know it's a bit of a long shot but does anybody know where to find a pattern? I'm thinking of going with a pretty standard cafe racer jacket.

http://www.himelbros.com/index.php?p=product&id=50

Basically something like that.

Thanks,
Tommy

You wont get one specifically for a leather jacket, but if you find a pattern for a similar looking jacket of some description you could probably work around it.

If your mum knows what shes doing she'll be able to do that.

If your mom ends up making one for you, it would be neat to see the final product!

If she does make one, and it turns out cool, you guys could make a fortune selling botique leater jackets to the hipsters.

That Brimaco jacket would be an easy one one to copy. All of the panels are nice and simple.

I've actually got a friend making a leather cut for my for the summer :)
I had a waist coat vest type thing that I liked, gave that to her and she said she'd give it a go :)

which size jacket do you need? i've actually got that exact Brimaco you posted in sz 42 that i might be able to take some measurements off of for you.

Back
Top Bottom