People that...

People who drive or ride drunk I have a problem with. I have no problem with having a beer with meal then going for a ride.

DrJ said:
People who drive or ride drunk I have a problem with. I have no problem with having a beer with meal then going for a ride.

What's to discuss? ??? IMO, it's a "no brainer".

I've got little problem with a 0 tolerance on alcohol and driving. Lots of people argue that strict limits (like our new law around the 0.5 - 0.8 range) are unfair because there are so many differences between how different people are affected by booze.

In my mind, that variability is a strong argument for a 0.0 law - no booze at all if you're in control of a vehicle, as it's impossible to predict how you'll be impacted by it.

Now, if they could only create a breathalyzer for IQ - if you blow less than a 100, you're put into a colony on an island somewhere.

Tim said:
Now, if they could only create a breathalyzer for IQ - if you blow less than a 100, you're put into a colony on an island somewhere.

Best idea I've ever heard Tim!!!!!
Let's get cracking on that. 8)

I might argue for a 120 or so limit however. I'm convinced the 'average' IQ of 100 or so is the result of 1/2 the population at 150 and the other 1/2 at 50. I rarely meet people of 'average' intelligence - if you're dumb, you're dumb.

Tim said:
I might argue for a 120 or so limit however. I'm convinced the 'average' IQ of 100 or so is the result of 1/2 the population at 150 and the other 1/2 at 50. I rarely meet people of 'average' intelligence - if you're dumb, you're dumb.

When I first read the above I was like WTF, but i thought about it for a couple of seconds and your pretty much right. I would never drink and ride, its dangerous enough with all the terrible drivers out there.

I have on occassion drank and rode. I followed the 1 drink= 1 hour maxim they teach you in MSF: If you have one drink, you have one hour from that time 'til you should think about riding. I usually only drank 3 drinks max when I went out. Now that I switched to super good microbrews and there's only one place in town to drink them, I hardly drink at all.

As a general rule, I think every biker should leave a good 30 minutes to an hour before last call. That way, you're not dealing with the people that have posted up at the bar all night getting hammered going home.

it's like that tv ad, how do you know when you've had too many? it's cold but I'd rather see you drink and ride than drink and drive, thereby somewhat limiting injury to innocents. And, riders 'tend' to drink less than drivers. I guess it's one of those 'liberty' calls. It's certainly not smart to drink/drive/ride but I won't be questioning your right to do so. I'm thankful that in my drinkin days, no one got hurt, just automobiles. I would hate to have to live with hurting someone while buzzed at any level. Whatever your thoughts, it's a good subject to raise awareness on.... kudos to mr. Crab. I don't imagine too many car/truck enthusiast forums discuss it.
As far as laws go, drinkers don't pay much attn to any laws anyway. And you have to bring in the definition of "impaired" as well.
Case in point..... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/chi-0506edit2may06,0,5172713.story Only speaking for myself of course, if you are impaired and run into me, and I survive, :mad:

biker_reject said:
Just think, there's a style of bike called a "Bar Hopper". How f'ed up is that???

better than that, theres a badass bar in SW portland that is decked out with amazing motorcycles hanging from the ceiling and old neon signs, they give a discount on booze if youre on a bike. ???

Back
Top Bottom