Another Modern Cafe

an arm and a leg for a drawing of a small engined bike? :p

It does look cool, I don't know if I would call it cafe style exactly, but I'm no expert. Neat none the less.

I loved it until I read the pricing. Might as well build a custom for that kind of coin. The Roarer is one of the coolest looking factory bikes I've ever seen. It makes me wonder how hard it would be to get my hands on one of the Buell motors and build my own using a modern frame from a small mono shock bike like a CBR 600.
Alright I need a titled modern mono shock frame and a Buell thumper.

So they want to sell a bike for that much with a Buell Blast motor? Who is their target market, morons with too much money?

I think I found DrJ's button.

Who is their target market, morons with too much money?

Yes. That would be my target market.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

To me it looks more like a street fighter, don't you think? When I hear the word cafe racer I think vintage, but can a newer bike be cafe'd?

Sure:

bump seat
exposed chrome gas cap
round headlight
pod filter
carbs (i.e. not injected)
exposed air-cooled engine
front wheel almost looks like it might be bigger than the rear, or at least same size
scrambler type exhaust (although kind of odd on this bike)

IMHO 'street fighter' is not a whole lot different from 'cafe racer' - really just depends on what bike you're starting with. I suppose 'cafe racer' might have some more vintage looking bits, like the list above.

A lot of it in my mind has to do with the simplicity of the drive train.

Looks cool . I have a soft spot for road thumpers . Only if they could build it cheaper . If the thing was bored out to like 650-700ccs I'd consider it for 12k. Hell, 1/2 a XB12 ? Thing would be hot .

IMHO that's how the Buell Blast should of come out . To hell with this " Friendly Starter Bike " rubbish .

Id buy one, if of course i recently won some sort of lottery. Reminds me of the confederate motor works bikes. the wraith is by far the BADDEST bike ive ever seen, but 70,000 bucks is F'N STUPID!

just got this email this morning...
begin quote

Hi

I’m really sorry for the delay in replying to your e-mail. We have been inundated with enquiries and good wishes since the launch of our website. We are still a small team so it has taken us a little longer than we expected to reply to each and every one of you, for which we sincerely apologise.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us, we really appreciate your comments and all have been noted. Your feedback is invaluable to us at this stage of our development and we are really very grateful.

We are currently building pre-production prototypes and have begun negotiations with suppliers and manufacturers. We will, of course, keep you updated on our progress.

The price of our motorcycles is not yet fixed, final prices will depend on a combination of factors; volumes in which we manufacture, the specification that customers request, the method of distribution and, most importantly, what customers are prepared to pay. One thing that would really help us right now is to know what you would expect to pay for your preferred model?

This is an extremely exciting time for us at Mac-Motorcycles and we look forward to keeping in touch with you.

Best regards

Miss Tracey Price

The Glamorous Assistant!

Mac Motorcycles

Worcester

England

info@mac-motorcycles.com

www.mac-motorcycles.com

end quote
looks like we've still got a chance to help influence the direction of this fledgling company. they intend to distribute here, so if you want one send feedback on their website!

Back
Top Bottom