Rundown of bike brands?

haste

Hello,
Ive always wanted to know this, as most people discuss with which cars are the best, their problems ect.

Honda, suzuki, yamaha, kawasaki, italian ducatis...which one have been noted for the most reliable, ect
Thanks!

I don't know myselft for sure, but I've got to venture that Honda would be considered up there for most reliable with Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki tied for second, with Ducati in last place among those names. This isn't to say that's in fact true, but the public perception is as such.

Most online sources say honda, but I think the Japanese four are pretty close. After that, it sounds like BMW and then the rest...

That there is a loaded question . Some say Jap I4s , or BMW boxer twins , Rotax thumpers ,
or whatever . Best answer is a well cared for bike . I've seen Beemers blow up , Honda 4s leak and die etc , etc .

I think the general perception is that there are more available parts for the Japanese motors readily available, both new, used and NOS. The price point on said parts is a consideration also, when comparing to BMW and Ducati.

Used throttle cable I bought over the weekend cost me 10 bucks. Had my choice of 3, and I've got a Suzuki GS850, a bike that is generally considered a little harder to find parts for compared to other Suzuki models.

You will find a ton of used Hondas on Craigslist and Ebay, at least here in the states. I would say after that Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki are all about in the same range tied for second, and the European bikes all lumped together in a very distant third.

I might recommend doing a parts search on a parts distribution site for a fairly common part, say a carb rebuild kit. See how much those Beemer kits are compared to the Japanese makes. I think this might help influence your choice, is budget is a consideration. And in this current economy, why wouldn't it be?

louidest143

Back
Top Bottom