sh!tbox CM400 project. 4/30 ttfn

Re: CM400 Brat... Seat pan opinions... still... 9/20

Btw, admin feel free to move this thread to the bob/chop section!!

Marc,

Your build is looking awesome. Would it be a lot to ask if you could give us a shot straight on from the side of the bike with it standing close to straight up... like this kinda...

2339214280_67c051cae4.jpg

Also, how long are your struts? I know you said the frame was bottomed out on the swingarm... but I am still curious.

I think I am getting a CM400 for free and your build has me plotting and scheming about it already.

Thanks,
Woody

marc,

we need some updates and pics,
hope you have been putting along on it, can't wait to see how it all turns out.
later.

Havn't done much on the bike. We had our daughter dec 21st so she's been keeping me busy!!

I have like 4 bikes to break down so hopefully I'll be able to work on that as well as the cm!!

Hope evnerything is going good for everybody!!

MarcW said:
Havn't done much on the bike. We had our daughter dec 21st so she's been keeping me busy!!

I have like 4 bikes to break down so hopefully I'll be able to work on that as well as the cm!!

Hope evnerything is going good for everybody!!

Congratulations, that's awesome! Family always comes first. Any photos of the little one?

Re: CM400 Brat... 1/11/10

hey man,
congrats.
i had my daughter last dec/4.
goes by fast, really awesome man.
good stuff, keep us posted.

Congrats shes cute as a button. So when you gonna get back to work? haha Thats part of the reason I have no kids no time for them. But I'm sure you'll find a way to balance it all out.

Re: CM400 Brat... New pics, update 8/26

How's that relocated choke working out for you? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my CB450 Nighthawk after I swapped in some adjustable clipons.

Re: CM400 Brat... New pics, update 8/26

quixote said:
How's that relocated choke working out for you? I was thinking of doing the same thing with my CB450 Nighthawk after I swapped in some adjustable clipons.

Seems to work ok, would work better if it was shorter!!

I've been trying to make it back outside but I get baby duty as soon as I get home from work!!

Little update...

Swingarm is at my buddies getting 3.5" of stretch. I'm going with a different seat setup and electric box. Probably gonna change the pipes too. I'll post some pics soon!!

Adios

Re: Jikan Banditto, CM400 brat ish project. 8/6/10 teaser pic

Finally gave it a name "Jikan banditto" roughly "time bandit" in Japanese bacacuse it's taking forever!! lol

Anyways, swingarm is done. Stretched 3" by my freind Dave. Now to throw it on!!!

P1010646.jpg

Re: sh!tbox CM400 brat ish project. 8/15/10 update.. finally

I got rid of the name... I'm just gonna call it the shitbox it is...

Mounted the swingarm a few days ago

P1010648.jpg

I had a old cm tank that was rough on the outside but clean inside sooo....

P1010658.jpg

P1010659.jpg

I'll post more tank pics hopefully in the next few days, it's gonna get cut up a little...

Thoughts??

Damn, this looks awesome! Digging the stretched arm and tank.

Did you use an earlier set of Hawk wheels on the front and back? How easy was the swap? This is our issue with my brother's CM400. Hate the smaller wheels!

Thanks BMC!!

You got it on the hawk wheels, 19" front instead of the factory 18" and a 18" on the back instead of the 16". It was a direct swap, only issue was tire clearance in the rear with the stock fender on. Might have had the same issue in the front if the fender was on.

Very cool man. Making a pretty bland stock bike look that mean is no easy task. Keep up the good work!!!

Oh great... thanks man, now I have to extend my swingarm.

Why did you have to post pics!!! :mad:

Looks friggin cool man, I love it.

Thanks for the positive feedback, it means alot!!! Hopefully more pics in the next few days!!

Oh also, do you know how much the stretch lowered the seat height? Our frames aren't identical but enough so that I can approximate where you tail might end up.

I bet yours would look even better with short shocks!

Back
Top Bottom