1982 CB900F TRACKER/SCRAMBLER

TheDirtyJuan

Don't have much of my build thread but i've just been fixing things as i learn more and come across them. just recently welded this hoop on, relocated the choke and made a fusebox that was relocated by the battery. NEED to build/finish this seat and it is ready to go. Not a lot changed from the original bike just got it running and been fixing things and this is a constant work in progress but its getting there. Looking to do a full suspension swap but idk i'm gonna go through with it i have more things i want to upgrade and update first. comments and suggestions appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5030.JPG
    IMG_5030.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 308
  • IMG_5037.JPG
    IMG_5037.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5042.JPG
    IMG_5042.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_5045.JPG
    IMG_5045.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 299
  • IMG_5039.JPG
    IMG_5039.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    803.7 KB · Views: 310
Looking good so far, I have a 82 CB900C myself and yours looks great so far.
06e96252755340f7895347d88b06dd15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken the same approach with my CBX550 street scrambler project, just making small changes and cleaning everything up so the overall look is different but the same...err...if you get what I mean?

The devil's in the detail.... ;)

NoRiders said:
I've taken the same approach with my CBX550 street scrambler project, just making small changes and cleaning everything up so the overall look is different but the same...err...if you get what I mean?

The devil's in the detail.... ;)

EXACTLY! I want to upgrade as I see fit and have a well maintained bike.super Into your build! This is my first bike I had 0 mechanic skills or fabrication besides bicycles, been a nice learning curve figuring this shit out lol

TheDirtyJuan said:
EXACTLY! I want to upgrade as I see fit and have a well maintained bike.super Into your build! This is my first bike I had 0 mechanic skills or fabrication besides bicycles, been a nice learning curve figuring this shit out lol

Everyday is a school day haha! The only bits I've farmed out is the seat upholstery as I know I couldn't make it well enough to look good, the rear hoop I had my neighbour weld it, tyres fitted by a shop I know and the electrics were sorted out by my son.

I love cleaning parts, including bolts and fittings....you'll be pleasantly surprised how well the original Honda parts come up. I happily spend time on the bench wire wheel cleaning anything I can get my hands on.

I'm a fan of stainless caphead or buttonhead allen bolts, nuts and washers and use them extensively where appropriate. There are a few specific bolts that must be re-used and some stress bolts that s/s will be too brittle to cope with the sheer demands.

Looks like you'l be happy working your way around the bike changing, cleaning and upgrading as you go....try not to disable the bike for too long, at least until you're properly ready and have a solid plan, funds and materials to complete that phase....taking it off the road for a long, meandering time could mean you lose interest and your project stalls.

Good luck and enjoy the ride :D

I second that. I attempted to take off the crash bars and realized that on of the bolts was part of the engine mount and it sat in the garage for 3 weeks and it killed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom