Good Starter Bike

lonelywolf8588

Been Around the Block
My little brother (actually has about 30lbs on my in the hips, haha) is looking for his first bike. He wants something as large as my GS1000 but I tell him that he doesn't need something that big to start with. Anyone have any good beginner bikes? Anyone selling any beginner bikes that run, don't care about looks? I was thinking a CB550, CX500 (my first real bike), or even a GS750, CB750 if he wanted something larger.

Bandit 600, Honda Nighthawk 700S, BMW R65 or R80, SV650, Suzuki GS500, older Meriden Bonneville, W650 come to mind right away.

+1 on the Bandit 600 (my 2nd bike), The 250 and 500 Ninjas are great learners, the 500 GS series from Suzuki as well (faired or naked). I personally like the older Hondas as they have carbs, are easy to work on, and parts are readily available from numerous places.

lonelywolf8588 said:
My little brother (actually has about 30lbs on my in the hips, haha) is looking for his first bike. He wants something as large as my GS1000 but I tell him that he doesn't need something that big to start with. Anyone have any good beginner bikes? Anyone selling any beginner bikes that run, don't care about looks? I was thinking a CB550, CX500 (my first real bike), or even a GS750, CB750 if he wanted something larger.

Where are you located?.. I have something for him..

I am in the middle of Illinois. I am trying to talk him into an older Honda or Suzuki since they and their parts are readily available and easy to work on.

Back
Top Bottom