Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

These look great. I am wondering if you know if they will fit on a '78 KZ650B? These would really do the trick on my cafe build.

78KZrider said:
These look great. I am wondering if you know if they will fit on a '78 KZ650B? These would really do the trick on my cafe build.
I have checked with KZ440, the rearset is fit for the KZ440. However, I believe that (excluding the rod size that I do not know) the rearset will fit very good on KZ650 as KZ650 having full clearance for it to work on. If you want, pls send me your rod measurement, I will make 1 set of rod for you.

Best regards,

Viet

Could you guys send me some measurements (as depicted in page 2 of this topic). I will make you a bolt on rearset for KZ650

Thanks

I like that these are made from steel. It can be made thinner and more compact and survives stress much better than aluminum.

I'm considering this right now over making my own rearsets, as even with shipping it's very affordable.

Viet, I'll get some KZ650 measurements up sat night for you. I'd be looking for a complete set rods included!

rocketman said:
Viet, I'll get some KZ650 measurements up sat night for you. I'd be looking for a complete set rods included!
Send me your measurement, it takes few hours to complete those rods

Hi Viet, I've been reading through the posts, and I'm impressed with the versatility I see in the product. I have 2 bikes a CB400F and a CB500 Four and of course am looking for a good clean setup for them, do you think yours would be a good fit?

dawdish said:
Hi Viet, I've been reading through the posts, and I'm impressed with the versatility I see in the product. I have 2 bikes a CB400F and a CB500 Four and of course am looking for a good clean setup for them, do you think yours would be a good fit?
Dear Dawdish,

I have research on CB400F and CB500F. First, you could mount my rear set to the rear foot peg position of CB400F and CB500F. Return to the clearance factor for the rear set, it needs at least 2 inches clearance from the rear foot peg mounting hole to your closest point on muffler. Second, please check on the measurements. I need your distance from rear foot peg hole to your gear shift shaft to make gear shift rod and also I need your measurement of rear brake rod (my guide is in this topic too). When you send me your measurement, I make you a bolt on rear set.

Hope to receive your support.

Viet

Viet said:
Dear Dawdish,

I have research on CB400F and CB500F. First, you could mount my rear set to the rear foot peg position of CB400F and CB500F. Return to the clearance factor for the rear set, it needs at least 2 inches clearance from the rear foot peg mounting hole to your closest point on muffler. Second, please check on the measurements. I need your distance from rear foot peg hole to your gear shift shaft to make gear shift rod and also I need your measurement of rear brake rod (my guide is in this topic too). When you send me your measurement, I make you a bolt on rear set.

Hope to receive your support.

Viet

I would be doing the 500 1st. And as you see in the pic, the passenger mount seems too far back, perhaps something in the middle.

The 400,(see pic) has no pass. mount, so I'm thinking something like the 360 mounts I've seen. Thanks ;)

Attachments

• 400peglocation.jpg
    400peglocation.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,963
  • 500peglocation1.jpg
    500peglocation1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,007
Dear Dawdish,

You're right. You need making a new bracket and welding it to your position particularly the 400F. The 500F is fine if you plan to lengthen your gas tank. If you use stock tank, you will have a back pain and hand pain after a long ride. That is the reason why in some race bike, they make a "pillow like" between rider and stock tank so as to rider could lean on it and relax the back and hand whilst riding the bike.
I am doing on long aluminum gas tank and will send you some shots of it after finished the production (15 day to introduction of this gas tank).
Tell me what I could do.

Best regards
Viet

Dear Swivel,
You are 100% correct. The rear foot peg position is not a perfect shot for rear set to bolt on but the most easy option without frame modification. Even in my CB450K3, I have made 2 additional bolts (on each side) to mount the bracket so my legs are not like swimming on the bike.
For those who are not familiar with welding and cutting steel to the correct position then anyway, rear foot peg provide an easy option.

Viet

Hey Viet,

I too have a 1976 cb400f and would be set on buying some of your rearsets if you would be interested figuring that up. Linkage and all. Also, I have no access to a machine shop and would be interested in mounting brackets that I could have welded on if possible.

Let me know what you think.
Much appreciated,
Col. Kirby

So I'd like to order up a set but have a couple of questions before I do. I'll be mounting these on a '72 CB 350.

1 - It looks like you have added the Rubber Foot Peg covers to your standard build?

2 - Have you added the drilled hole for the Rear Brake Light Switch Spring?

3 - Are there any clearance issues with CB Style Exhaust. I'm running the Dunstall Style Exhaust that is nearly a duplicate to the original factory mufflers

4 - Let me know how to order from you directly.

Dear Yendor,

1. I have added rubber foot toe for my rear set
2. I will drill small hole on brake side for use with brake light spring
3. I am not sure on the Dunstall style. But look at if kick up style, I sure it fit. What you need is 2 inches from lower edge of mounting hole to the closest point on muffler. You can check it on your bike
4. PM me your paypal, I will send invoice. Price is $105 shipped to US but from 1 May, it will be $115 (out of ebay) as shipping increase.

Best regards

Viet

Back
Top Bottom