1983 CB550SC Nighthawk Cleanup

luke000

Been Around the Block
I was selling some things lately to get some extra money to finish my big project (http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=61794.0) and I was offered a trade I could not turn down- A 1983 Honda CB550SC Nighthawk. The PO said he got the bike and rode it for a season it ran beautify until he smelled something burning and found out that the fuse/junction box was starting to melt so he pulled it apart and that is about how far he got before he inherited a Hogly Ferguson and lost interest. Enter me- He emailed me and wondered if I would be interested in a trade, the next day I was over looking at it, left, rented a pickup, and brought her home ;D. The bike is in pretty good cosmetic shape (about %70), just over 10K on the clock, motor turns over nice with the starter jumped, old tires. My plans for the bike are to to a mild tear down, clean everything up, replace any parts that need it, new tires, new junction box (found NOS cheap and purchased), lube it up, tune up the engine, sit back and admire! The bike peaks my interest with the 6 speed transmission, 1 year production, alternator, hydraulic valve lash adjusters, nice candy red paint. And looking at the specs it has some power behind it in the little 550 engine.

Looks good. Hopefully its something easy. One time I bought a bike from a guy and he said he couldn`t get it started. When I got it home, I found the fuelcock was shut. So I turned it to open, and it started right up :) Thats the kind of thing i`m hoping for you. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom