A-65 DeadTail Restart

Once I seen the coil I knew right where I was gonna lashit
65edd198770137c8bd5f63908cd11df6.jpg

5829b6a9a8db3bfa71776d2a2771290f.jpg

Bought a cap, but always double check and looks like no go.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Looks cool, but the weight is cantilevered out a long way and between weight trying to bend the studs and vibration, the coil mount would benefit from a redesign. Maybe add a simple triangulation below the studs or better still: hang the coil, down rather than have it hanging forward. Is there a place that would work?

Perhaps a flanged bracket with weld nuts.

BTW, are those "handed" monoblocs? they were rare enough back in the day and look great on that motor.

teazer said:
Looks cool, but the weight is cantilevered out a long way and between weight trying to bend the studs and vibration, the coil mount would benefit from a redesign. Maybe add a simple triangulation below the studs or better still: hang the coil, down rather than have it hanging forward. Is there a place that would work?

Perhaps a flanged bracket with weld nuts.

BTW, are those "handed" monoblocs? they were rare enough back in the day and look great on that motor.

Ahh man no confidence ::) The coil will get a pillow bracket underside with a nice soft rubbery cushion.

Allow me to illustrate ??? The speed holes may cause some harmonics disrupting my FM radio signal to my Zune tho :-\

Handed and sequenced :eek:

Attachments

• coil support.JPG
    coil support.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 322
While the subject of the Amal crabs has come to surface... Any you fuckers got a not perfect set of stacks with screens screw on type :-*

Tune-A-Fish said:
Ahh man no confidence ::) The coil will get a pillow bracket underside with a nice soft rubbery cushion.

Allow me to illustrate ??? The speed holes may cause some harmonics disrupting my FM radio signal to my Zune tho :-\

Tubing over the threaded rod with tension from the nut will do just fine, too. It's not like it's 100lbs or anything.

deviant said:
Tubing over the threaded rod with tension from the nut will do just fine, too. It's not like it's 100lbs or anything.

Were talking about a half ton cruiser that will see wind maybe a dozen times a year and never more than 20 miles from home.

Tune-A-Fish said:

Much more betterer. Or should that be "gooder" :)

I just hate it when parts decide to fall off an a 360 degree parallel twin is the worst for that. Your plan looks good. Be careful with those holes though. Natural resonance may create RF frequencies in the UFO range and it would be unfortunate if your bike started calling aliens.

teazer said:
Be careful with those holes though. Natural resonance may create RF frequencies in the UFO range and it would be unfortunate if your bike started calling aliens.

Yep, I'd be careful with that too, even the frikin aliens are demanding a call out charge nowadays before they'll give you a good anal probing.

Back
Top Bottom