the RaZoR - move along, nothing to see here!

Re: the RaZoR - suspenders!

Forks from the donor bike, an '83 model, have a turned down section between upper and lower yokes which make fitting clip-ons problematic:

item.JPG

Problem fixed by finding later '85 model forks:

item.JPG

Which have the added advantage of having caliper mounting lugs with 83mm centres to enable fitting 4 piston calipers to replace the original single piston units.
The calipers are from the Japanese market only FZR250 but I managed to find some at a wreckers:

item.JPG

Both the calipers and the '85 forks will need a fair bit of refurbishment but it will be a worthwhile effort.

Crazy

Crazy, this is one of those threads that I watch for the update constantly. I may not reply all the time, but your project does bring a smile to my face every time.

Good score on the brakes & forks!

Glad you like it Rich - I was particularly lucky to find the calipers, I have never seen an FZR250 as they would have had to be brought to Oz as a grey import.

Crazy

I didn't even know that there was a FZR250. Crazy. Keep up the good work, sir.

There was one here for sale about 4 months ago and I would have bought it had I the $$$. Grey market here as well. We are lucky that anything over 15 years old can be imported and registered. Nice build.

Justin - the FZR250 was built from '86 to '94. They were a four cylinder four-stroke built for the Japanese only market.

The later models had Yamaha's EXUP system.

A helluva lot of parts to try and match the horsepower of the 250 YPVS stroker!

Crazy

item.JPG

It's impossible to keep up with our 'wants'.

I've barely started this project but I keep thinking about the next one (a very small Honda).

Crazy

Re: the RaZoR - frame ready!

Subframe altered, bracing added:

item.JPG

plus tower for Scott's damper:

item.JPG

Now to the next big step (perhaps the most important!), getting the chambers built

Crazy

item.JPG

YogiBear - it will be even smoother when I add some filler to tidy up the factory gussets before painting!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
YogiBear - it will be even smoother when I add some filler to tidy up the factory gussets before painting!

Crazy

This is going to be one of those builds that is going to keep us captivated and come out superb at the end. I can tell already. Can't wait to see it progress

Re: the RaZoR - mirror! mirror!

While waiting for to get frame, crankcase, and barrels back from the engineer making the chambers (he does beautiful work but slowly) I started on polishing some of the billet pieces.
The aim is for a satin finish just short of a mirror gloss.

Before:

item.JPG

and:

item.JPG

It will probably a while before the finished result!

Crazy

item.JPG

Whoa! Even "I" can almost see my reflection in those! :D

Looks good SC!

Sorry - looked pretty good already from my phone......... it shouldn't take too long to polish them.

Back
Top Bottom