80 XS650 Monoshock

danker16 said:
can you tell me what foam you used for the seat please?

Ya man. Go to Target and find the exercise/yoga mats. Then go to the auto parts store and get the 20 dollar can of 3m headliner spray glue. Then go to town, glue it together to get the shape and thickness you want. That shape was 3 base layers and then one extra layer in the back and two small extra layers in the front and then about an hour of shaping on the belt sander.

Cut a chain slider out of delrin tonight and fitted the brakes with new hardware. Getting closer and closer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 347
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 326
you may want to consider a stationary roller ,up front under the chain lower run .,that takes up the extra slack you will have at droop ...however if it is stationary it pretty much needs to be on an arm or eccentric so you can get it adjusted just right

xb33bsa said:
you may want to consider a stationary roller ,up front under the chain lower run .,that takes up the extra slack you will have at droop ...however if it is stationary it pretty much needs to be on an arm or eccentric so you can get it adjusted just right

Ya man I have a stationary roller up front on the bottom run.

I got the rear brake fitted and spaced correctly and finished mounting the gas tank today. I need to do some minor things tomorrow and finish building to a roller so I can test the kickstand before I take it to powder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    941.3 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 340
Got the brake stay and spacing done. Also got a brace from Tkat

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    971.9 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 357
danker16 said:
can you tell me what foam you used for the seat please?

The material is Neoprene. Can also be sourced at your local sporting goods store in the camping section...sleeping bag mat. You can purchase rolls of it as a raw material in various thicknesses on amazon, mcmaster, or through seating and upholstery retailers. Like Dyrden said, best to use 1 - 1.5" thick sheets and layer together with spray adhesive. Something like 3M Spray 90 works best. Then you can shape it with a belt sander, angle grinder (with sanding disc), or orbital sander. Finish up with some foam pad-backed sandpaper.

Dyrden, very nice work. Love the exhaust.

Was out sick last week. Finally got more work done. Upholstery and engine are buttoned back up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 332
crazypj said:
That's a nice turned cover 8)

Yea it is! I wanted something to match the slave cylinder.

Got the all black fork dry fitted. Need to do some tweaking on the front brakes but getting closer still.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 344
Got a few more hours of work in this afternoon. Headlight and switches just about all done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 338
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    973.2 KB · Views: 338
Let me know how those switches work out. I was afraid the bars would be weakened?
I have a pair of lights almost identical, drilled a hole in centre and fitted a 10mm 3w LED

More progress on the annoying things: kickstand, hose routing etc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 333
She's all apart at powder coaters and I've received the pipes and heat shields back from the ceramic coaters and am pretty happy with how they look

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 328
Some bits and pieces back from powder.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    869.4 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 325
She's going back together. Normal cursing at fitment after paint and powder

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 315
loads of nice work on this one man! im really digging it!

Back
Top Bottom