Suzuki GSX quick build!

I'm really digging your side panels. At first I was admiring the mesh insert. From the photos, it seems like you made those yourself. The shape follows the contours just beautifully.

Yes, panels are made, the mesh inserts formed between 2 bits of plywood cut to shape....just finished day 19....

Attachments

• 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 300
That tank looks tops! Can't believe this was all done in 20 working days in a container. Makes me feel like a lazy bum! Haha, good on ya mate!

Inspiring! I echo the sentiments of others that this build has made me feel like a complete slacker. This is a truly inspired build. The 60s Suzuki badges on the space age (for the time) Hans Muth inspired tank should not work....but it does. Everything you have done so far is purposeful and elegant. Craftsmanship has been surpassed by artistry. And done in a crate with minimal funds and time. Bravo, sir.

Now finish it....time is running out

Thank you! I'd been waiting for the seat to come back before I did my 20th day on it.....its all together and going but there are a fair few bits to sort before its roadworthy though.
I'm pretty good at taking a long time getting a project done as well though and that was part of the idea behind doing this....sort of decide on how its going to be and just do it....no changing my mind, altering stuff etc! Theres lots of things about about it I'd like to redo tbh but its staying the way it is...

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 291
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 281
That is a really well thought out build - looks like a factory bike!

I have to ask, what headlight/ shell did you use, the Acewell unit look like it was made for the job.

Not really sure what the light was from...an 80's Honda maybe a shadow....it was a steel one anyway and I just tacked a piece of tube into to take the Acewell and yes....stock wheels. I was tempted to fit forks and wheel from a GSXR but the idea behind this was to just do a reasonable job without getting too complicated or expensive.

Attachments

• 095.jpg
    095.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 285
Back
Top Bottom