What did you build this week?

This is the only one I can find online of it finished

Attachments

• Fine and dandy bar 1.jpg
    Fine and dandy bar 1.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 189
advCo said:
Thanks guys.

SONIC that bar is freakin' sweet. Did you do the tile as well?

Nick,
Nope, we did the top and shipped it 1000 miles down the road and they finished it out there. I really like the blue tile and the walnut though.

Really nice job Justin. That's one hell of a bar top to belly up to. Looks good installed, need a better picture though

Before...
IMG_3960_zpsnnqoodbw.jpg

Teardown...
IMG_3962_zpsfgc2bv5d.jpg

Picked up new "comfort" pads...
IMG_3958_zpsfqv2nq2j.jpg

After...
IMG_3997_zpsotxjz67g.jpg

Custom'd up a pair of crutches for my older son. He's going to be on them for the next 9-12 months, he might as well sport something stylish.

Thanks ;)
After about 5 weeks in the hospital, they're finally releasing him tomorrow morning.
He doesn't know I did them up, so it'll be a surprise. But he'll be using a walker for the next month or so until he graduates over to the crutches.

modify the walker to apehangers, look cooler and he won't have to be doing none of that leaning over to hold on

Those are Bling Redbird. sorry to hear he's going through something similar to what I did, hope he recovers to the best he can. I'll never run again but I walk without a cane now.

Longer shocks, red fork boots, and a sidestand extension.

FORSA shocks for a Sportster needed new metal spacers inside the rubber bushings, and I had to cut and grind the brake line bracket so the swingarm would clear the stock muffler mount. Fork boots were not easy to secure. Had to cut some Daystar boots short to fit, and it took me a while before I came up with a mounting that looked clean enough.

Charles.

Attachments

• IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3568.jpg
    IMG_3568.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 186
Not done but needs to be by Tuesday. Folding Poker table topper. Fits my 60" dining table. It will get 10 cup holders and padded rim. Should seat 10 comfortable as it puts the table to 70" in a Decagon. Need to drill out the holes for the cup holders then pad and cover the rails. going to staple the fabric to the underside to keep it tight, it will all fold up and store behind the buffet when not being use for games.
1732-250118093301.jpeg

My SCR950 has a ton of under-seat storage... but the seat is bolted on, so the only easy access is by taking off a sidecover... with a screw. I replaced the sidecover screws with knurled stainless thumbscrews.... but still wasn't so happy. Sidecovers are expensive and delicate. Soooooo I came up with an idea for a latch. A simple ring pull pin from eBay with an 8mm shaft, and a little bracket I welded to hold it. It bolts to the frame tab the seat connects to, via a pre-existing hole. No modifications to the frame were necessary, no welding to the frame needed.

Here's a video of it in operation:
https://youtu.be/lrJOkxFf9E8

And I've attached some pics as well!

Charles.

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_3603.jpg
    IMG_3603.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 171
ChopperCharles said:
Soooooo I came up with an idea for a latch. A simple ring pull pin from eBay with an 8mm shaft, and a little bracket I welded to hold it. It bolts to the frame tab the seat connects to, via a pre-existing hole. No modifications to the frame were necessary, no welding to the frame needed.

Nice. Here's what I do for most of my seats. This one happens to be a GSXR pillion seat latch, but they come on a bunch of modern bikes. It comes set up with a remote cable you can run with or without a latch on the other end of the cable. I get the seat posts as well and rivet them to the bottom of the seat....

5adcc8b8d7447628629e16ebb18712f7.jpg

7eff5d17761573dc8f0ea010b0eaa79b.jpg

Yeah, that'd be nice, but my seat just has a metal tab sunk into the plastic, with no easy way to mount a latch like that.

Charles.

Attachments

• IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 188
ChopperCharles said:
Yeah, that'd be nice, but my seat just has a metal tab sunk into the plastic, with no easy way to mount a latch like that.

Charles.

I edited my response. You just rivet the other piece. Regardless, it may make sense for others. I've been able to make it work on 7 different bikes.

Back
Top Bottom