"Deborah". First build. 11 CB350's and 360's. So it begins.

legendary_rider

Jump in with both feet.
Every journey begins with a first step. Mine was a letter from the Ministry of Transportation stating that I'd lose my M2 if I didn't complete my testing. Problem is that the ex took my bike and I hadn't rode since. So I figured I'd buy a cheap bike. Fix it up and do the test. That rabbit hole turned out to be a long and winding one that....well, has led to 11 ownerships in my pocket for a bunch of cb 350's and 360's.

I found the first bike up near Barrie Ontario on kijiji for $300. A 1970 cb350 in bad shape. When I was taking it apart I found what looked like a rats nest in one of the cylinders. It was difficult getting it registered too as the listed owner was deceased and the family had different last names. I actually searched family trees online to track them down and got them to sign it over.

Re: 11 CB350's and 360's. And so it begins.

Another angle of sadness

Attachments

• cccb350.jpg
    cccb350.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 327
  • ccb350.jpg
    ccb350.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 322

So I've been working on this bike. I enjoyed looking around online and seeing so many amazing builds on "do the ton" and elsewhere that it was extremely difficult to make up my mind on what direction to go in. I knew that I wanted to get into vintage racing so that was a start. Other than that though I felt like a painter that had 10 different painting in his head and only 1 canvass.

I was on kijiji again looking at other bikes and came across an ad that went up only an hour ago. It was a listing for parts from many many vintage honda's. Turned out to be cb 350's and 360's. Problem solved.

Attachments

• 1 003.jpg
    1 003.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 342

About 18 weapon? crates full of parts. There are many more in the other room.

Attachments

• 1 009.jpg
    1 009.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 317

Lol. Thanks. My common law girlfriend was pretty furious when I told her what I had done though. Of course I had already paid for everything and had it all moved into the basement before she found out Told her over a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant. Better to beg for forgiveness than to....Well that's all I remember. Beg for forgiveness.

The first intact cb 350 was all locked up. Both wheels and motor. I had to drag it off the back of the truck and into the basement down some stairs. Did it by myself in the midle of the night. Took me 45 minutes to get it about 30 feet . lol

legendary_rider said:
Lol. Thanks. My common law girlfriend was pretty furious when I told her what I had done though. Of course I had already paid for everything and had it all moved into the basement before she found out Told her over a nice dinner at her favorite restaurant. Better to beg for forgiveness than to....Well that's all I remember. Beg for forgiveness.

LOL! The only way to do it! :D

I think you should get rid of all of that junk and give it to me :)

come on, you know you don't want it ;)

legendary_rider said:

The first intact cb 350 was all locked up. Both wheels and motor. I had to drag it off the back of the truck and into the basement down some stairs. Did it by myself in the midle of the night. Took me 45 minutes to get it about 30 feet . lol

hahahahahahah that had me in stitches hahaha legendary mate

Lol. I'd sell parts but you never know what youre gonna need. I've had 3 tanks sandblasted now that turned out to be full of bondo covering massive dents.
With my luck I'd spend 3 times as much buying stuff back than what I sold it for.
I'm powder coating the parts in my basement so can't have the gobs of bondo in there . I have recently acquired high heat bondo though that will take the 400F in the oven in case I have small ones to fill.

So I tore apart the bike and started on the engine. Pretty bad.

Attachments

• IMG_9100.JPG
    IMG_9100.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 247

Valves never looked so....unique

Attachments

• IMG_9107.JPG
    IMG_9107.JPG
    538.9 KB · Views: 239

Went and got the frame/swing arm blasted. Also had it welded up to reinforce all factory seams.

Attachments

• IMG_9110.JPG
    IMG_9110.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_9111.JPG
    IMG_9111.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 219

Got her powder coated a gorgeous dark silver metallic. Glimmers in the sun. Too bad this is a basement shot. Also got those aluminum chrome rims from "biskenso2007" from Tailand. You may have seen the recent post "best ebay seller in the world". Truly awesome guy with nice rims. Paid about 200 for both I think and came pretty quick considering it's Tailand. It was going to cost me 350 to have my old rims re chromed. What a rip off.
Also in the pic are my new Progressive shocks and Avons.

Attachments

• IMG_9855.JPG
    IMG_9855.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 222

No idea how to get rid of rust inside the tank at the time. So I figured I'd open it up and remove it. *Sigh*. Ended up not even using that tank anyway. Was going to cost me 100 bucks to weld it back up. I can buy a way better one for that and this one had a dent in it. It was a learning experience.

Attachments

• IMG_9122.JPG
    IMG_9122.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 235
Back
Top Bottom