"Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Kiki*

Im not a huge fan of classifications... Sure some bikes are just pure racers, or chops... But so many arent anything is particular. Like this one. Ill just call it fucking rad!

HI-RES Picture Update "Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Kiki*

Rusty and Kiki sitting in a tree... ;)

_MG_0365 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

A man and his creation (in the living room)

_MG_0363 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0361 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0355 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0351 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0344 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0342 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0341 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0340 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0319 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

_MG_0367 by RustyOlive, on Flickr

All picture credits to RUSTY.

-Slice

Re: Hi-RES picture update "Bush League" 1966 HONDA 305 DREAM *Kiki*

Well shit! That's pretty awesome. Like your place too.

Thanks sxecafe... Coming along nicely, yeah I like my house but the plumbing needs to be redone! I just got through with rewiring the whole house, and once Im done with the bike, replumb it.
-Slice

\
sxecafe said:
Well shit! That's pretty awesome. Like your place too.

dude, this is awesome man, i love it

Thanks bro, tonight rusty is coming by and we should be able to finish the wiring (if we dont dip too far into the beers!) so Im hopeful to have her fired up and ready to roll by the next two weeks. Waiting on a few parts (custom throttle cable) etc. to come in but it should be interesting once its done! ;)

-Slice

hurley209 said:
dude, this is awesome man, i love it

WOW....what a dream! That paint job looks great and I love all the quirky things you have done, well fitting to a dream a think!

Thanks Twist... She is coming along nicely.
It was really a big roll of the dice when it came to design, I decided to throw measurement and planning to the wind and just go with my gut on it...
I am really pleased with it so far. Tonights a big night, Rusty's coming by to wire her up with me again, got through most of it last night but I got a bunch of fuses to test everything as I have a feeling we will blow through them with mistakes for the first while.

The weekend should be great, get her out of the house for the first time in a year and fire it up! ;)
Looking forward to it! should have more pics to post tonight or tomorrow...
The other dream guys on the honda 305 forum are probably planning to off me for changing it so much but hey, cant please everyone! ;)

-Slice

tWistedWheelz said:
WOW....what a dream! That paint job looks great and I love all the quirky things you have done, well fitting to a dream a think!

So last night, the boys and I pounded back a bunch of sushi and talked about our game plan to sort out the wiring... Didnt exactly pan out the way we though, I started to create a new wiring diagram for myself so I can create an entirely new wiring harness for the bike. Ive changed a lot of the wiring setup and functions so cannot use the existing harness... :? My attached diagram probably makes little sense but I have a feeling Rusty will understand where Im going with it...

-Slice.

Here is another update... Anyone weigh in here that has electrical experience.

-Slice

You've got the rear brake light switch grounding the brake light filament which has not power input.

No power to signals?

Fuse?

Maybe some of the wire colors aren't showing up in the diagram?

Hey Tim,

Yeah I am ignoring the switches at the moment and going to cycle them into the circuit in the end... Im more concerned with the ignition and corretly wiring the rectifier etc.
See the attached updated version as I make progress...

-Slice

Tim said:
You've got the rear brake light switch grounding the brake light filament which has not power input.

No power to signals?

Fuse?

Maybe some of the wire colors aren't showing up in the diagram?

That thing is ridiculous! Nice work!!!

Thanks boys... her wiring is like the hair in the drain (total shit storm) but ive got it sorted out now I think...
Should have a video and final pics to post within a week. The paint is so much nicer than in looks in the pics as it hasnt been cleaned or buffed.
Looking forward to the end game here... cant wait to take a ride on it!

-Slice

Ringo said:
That thing is ridiculous! Nice work!!!

Finished the electrical...
I tried to use the existng harness but it was a birds nest when I spliced in all the new wiring I needed so I decided the best thing to do was create a new custom harness for it. The pictures demonstrate my success as the light in the room in wholely supplied by the bike! ;)

-Slice

Sooo... Im so close to being finished that I can almost taste it.

Items outstanding:
1. Weld baffles into headers
2. get 6x40mm bolt to hold the clutch adjuster inplace (may need to remove the engine casing to achieve this...)
3. crack a beer and fire it up with the boys.

-Slice

Nice work, especially on the electrical. Been there. I'm envious, to say the least. I feel like the finishing date for my project is getting further and further away.

Yeah, I feel like that from time to time... Im having an issue with the clutch adjustments (I had to pull the engine casing off last night).
Hopefully I am approaching end game.
-Slice

IndieSol said:
Nice work, especially on the electrical. Been there. I'm envious, to say the least. I feel like the finishing date for my project is getting further and further away.

Back
Top Bottom